Crazy metal/rock news

Re: Crazy statements of Sammy Hagar

I don't know what to say about that 2nd one..  :S

Re: Crazy statements of Sammy Hagar

Ha ha, I remember hearing something about that in an interview years ago, around the time Hagar's Marching To Mars album came out. He mentioned the "aliens downloading into his brain" story.

Nothing said here is really any different to me from others' personal stories about aliens, ghosts, haunted houses or whatever.

Dave Mustaine's latest tweet:

5YLem.png

Wow a Tweet by Dave that didn't have "I love you all" in there. I'm surprised. As for the tweet, this is the most outrages thing I've ever heard from him.

VINNIE VINCENT ARRESTED

Former KISS guitarist Vinnie Vincent (real name Vincent John Cusano) was arrested in Tennessee over the weekend on suspicion of assault.

Cusano, 58, was charged with one count of aggravated assault on Saturday after his wife Diane accused him of hitting her in the face, throwing her to the ground, and dragging her through broken glass following an argument. According to an incident report by Rutherford County Sheriff's Department, when 44-year-old Diane arrived at the police department to report the alleged attack, she was "covered in blood and appeared to be intoxicated because of the strong odor of an intoxicant about her person."

Diane Cusano told the officers there that she had just escaped from the couple's home after being assaulted by the guitarist after arguing with him about a "female subject [Vincent] had been talking to." Diane also told the cops that she tried to get away, but that Vincent threw her to the ground four more times. The Sheriff's Office then dispatched officers to the home where they found the ex-KISS guitarist and "four sealed containers containing deceased dogs." Diane told the cops that the dogs had been "killed by one of their aggressive dogs."

Vincent was taken into custody and booked into the Rutherford County Detention Center around 11:30 p.m. Saturday night and was released Sunday after posting $10,000 bond. He is due to appear in court on June 23. Diane Cusano was taken to Middle Tennessee Medical Center in Murfreesboro, where she was treated for gashes all over her body, a bloodied nose and badly bruised forehead. She has since been released.

Vincent replaced lead guitarist Ace Frehley in 1982 and played with KISS for two years. He left the group on bad terms, and later claimed KISS members Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley owed him royalties for his work on KISS' 1983 album "Lick It Up", according to the Courthouse News Service. However, a federal judge in Los Angeles ruled against him and awarded the KISS defendants about $66,400 in attorney's fees and $15,400 in costs. Last June, Vincent lost his 6th Circuit appeal of an order barring him from seeking bankruptcy protection from paying more than $81,000 to his former bandmates.

vinniemugnew.jpg

First comment on Blabbermouth:
Dear God, what happened to Joan Jett????
:D

Last I heard he got a sex change.  :huh: Apparently he is still a man then?

MAYHEM Bassist To Have Evil Spirits Driven Out Of Him On Norwegian National TV

Bob Larson, an American radio and television evangelist and one of the leading practitioners of modern, Christian exorcisms, will conduct an exorcism next week on Jørn Stubberud, best known as the bassist in the legendary Norwegian black metal band MAYHEM (where he performs under the stage name Necrobutcher). The entire event will be filmed by NRK (Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation), the Norwegian government-owned radio and television public broadcasting company and the largest media organization in Norway, for a special program which will be aired in Norway in October.

Speaking to the German edition of the Metal Hammer magazine at this past weekend's Wacken Open Air festival in Wacken, Germany, Stubberud said, "NRK is sending me over to Phoenix, Arizona next week. There's this famous preacher. I'm not a believer, so I think he's a quack. A very religious guy. He's an excorcist; that's what he does. I'm just there for the fun of it. He's gonna perform an exorcism on me on national TV. So it's gonna be wild as fuck and, of course, I don't expect to suddenly be free from some demons or whatever. I'm just there for the fun of it and for the hell of it."

He added, "All religious people, when they talk about [how] they talked to God or God talked to them, stuff like that, I know it's a lie. Because they look at all the people, they speak in tongue, it's a mass, they get into that stuff, they think, 'If I behave like that guy, all the people will think that I truly have an open connection straight to God' or whatever. But for us, enlightened people, we know that it's all bullshit, that they're full of fucking lies and shit. And that's why I'm there — to give a little punch and a kick in the ass to this little quack and people saying that they have direct contact with God and shit like that."

Hilarious :D

It's Mayhem, you expect these types of things from them. I'm sure you know what happened to their singer? And their interview for Metal: A Headbanger's Journey is interesting to say the very least.

Polish Politician Releases 'Death Metal' Campaign Ad (Video)

Jedrzej Wijas, a candidate for parliament in Poland who is with the Democratic Left Alliance (SLD), has recorded a video ad with several local death metal musicians (including members of MORTAL GOD), "starring" as the group's lead vocalist. The clip, which was made available via Wijas' official Facebook profile, is a 46-second take on his views on secularity of the state and freedom of beliefs.

The lyrics are as follows:

"End of the useless talking,
Enough of the stupid wars,
Secular government,
Dignified life,
Freedom,
Is my goal,
Vote wisely"

"During the election campaign, there are always spots being released where politicians are trying to show that politics is a fun, enjoyable process that is set to the political rhythm of disco music. In my spot I'm talking about serious issues that are important to me and do not sing that SLD is the best," he explained in an interview with TVN24.pl. He added, "I am trying to wake people up with this intense message."
According to Wijas, he decided to make this type of commercial because he enjoys listening to heavy metal. "I love this kind of music, I'm a fan," he said.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKPmkRU-Bzs

Back