Correct way to play hallowed be thy name riff

Babo 91

Nomad
On most tabs i see this

D                          4                                                                4
G      4 5 4 5 7 5 4        5 4 5 4                            4      4 5 4 7        5 4 5 4
A  7                                          7                  7      7                                    7

But i only here this

D                          4                                                            4
G      4 5 4 5 7 5 4        5 4 5 4                            4      4 5        5 4 5 4
A  7                                          7                7      7                                7

Also i can play the studio version without using any hammers ons or pull offs but when i choose to play the live version i have trouble figuring out which notes to hammer on and pull off.

Babo 91 said:
On most tabs i see this

D                          4                                                                4
G      4 5 4 5 7 5 4        5 4 5 4                            4      4 5 4 7        5 4 5 4
A  7                                          7                  7      7                                    7

But i only here this

D                          4                                                            4
G      4 5 4 5 7 5 4        5 4 5 4                            4      4 5        5 4 5 4
A  7                                          7                7      7                                7

Also i can play the studio version without using any hammers ons or pull offs but when i choose to play the live version i have trouble figuring out which notes to hammer on and pull off.

Both are wrong. The correct is

G                          4                                                                  4
D      4 5 4 5 7 5 4        5 4 5 4                            4      4 5 4 5            5 4 5 4
A  7                                          7                7      7                                      7

The first is wrong in that it says 7 instead of 5 on the D string. Yours is wrong because you miss two notes. (Notice that in the quote, G and D are also mixed up. I corrected that as well).

As for hammer-ons and pull-offs, the entire point of them in this song is to make it easier for yourself to play fast enough. If you can play it fast enough without hammer-ons and pull-offs, fine. If you need them, put them where they make it easier to play.

Many thanks. The problem I find with the hammer ons and pull offs is that the notes that I dont hammer on and decide to strum seem to stand out too much and make it sound weird. If i decide to hammer on and pull off pretty much everything then I loose volume. I will have to exeriment with it a bit.

Thank again

Back