Complex vs. simple Maiden songs

I was only disappointed with the way Janick ends that solo, running over the next guitar riff. I don't think it sounds good at all. In fact, the first time I heard him do that I thought he had screwed up and it was a mistake - evidently not, since I've seen him do that solo live twice + once on RiR.

i totally agree wit hyou SMX... Solo's even though they are part of a song ther more like breathing space for the lead singer...

I used to be a huge fan of soloing but sometime a solo can really mess a song up..
E.g 2 am i would prefer more harmonies on that song there is a little harmony but it doesnt do justice and also Como the solo is fairly poor on that where the harmony was absolute brilliant..

I am guitarist of 18 years can solo very well but i have always prefered an instrumetal break similar to the mid section of Nomad..

Any way back the 3 axe slingers in Maiden you cannot compare three different styles 2 unique where 1 is ummm in some ways messy..

I would like to see how maiden can go if they changed time signature in solo's not just from 4/4 or 12/8 but changed totaly maybe slower in some areas and maybe like a double time..

Cheers

Back