Clive Burr passes away

My discontent hasn't changed either about it. Perhaps the management or whoever is responsible are so shocked by Clive's death that they have no clue what they're doing.

According to what I've read, Adrian seems to have been very kind with him, paying him rather frequent and long visits. I know that back in the days Clive was pretty closed to Dave and Paul, but I ignore if they remained in touch.

I was in Kansas City last week and was somewhat surprised to see a mention of his passing featured prominently on the front page, above the fold, of the major local newspaper's culture/weekend section. Glad to see he had not been forgotten by the mainstream media -- obviously he was not forgotten by the band's fans.

It was briefly top story on Yahoo UK. I didn't see how it was treated in the print media, someone else was sifting through the papers at work that day

It was in the print media, although not immediately -- it appeared probably a couple of days later. Short articles, though -- taken from the official press release, quoting Steve and Bruce, mentioning Clive's history in Maiden and telling about the disease. That was it.

I know this news is over a week old, but I just found out about this right now. I'm sorry to hear of Clive Burr's passing. This is no doubt an extremely tough time for his circle of friends/family.

It's terrible... I tend to forget that MS is a deadly disease that one can die from, and not just an illness which the afflicted must bear for life. It's comforting to know at least Burr died peacefully.

On the 26th, Tino Troy from Praying Mantis posted some lines about the funeral on his FB page...

"I attended the funeral of our good friend and fellow musician Clive Burr yesterday. It was an honour to be one of the pallbearers and good to see so many old faces there. It was a moving service but a beautiful celebration of his life too. Like them skins... ya hit us hard mate! RIP and thank you bro! x"

attachment.php

+

I read on the official forum that Dennis Stratton posted something about the funeral on his Facebook - he and some of Clive's friends carried the coffin - to the chapel ... Bruce and Steve were there too ....

+

Paul Di'Anno posted this on his Facebook (24th March):
Japan with Clive 1980
9355_426048054155390_813872212_n.jpg

+
Farewell old friend RIP, never forgotten. (25th March)

6677_10201166586467137_1062124985_n.jpg

I thought this was worth sharing.
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=188500

"Clive was the only drummer I ever worked with — the only drummer I ever worked with — who could not finish his drum parts until he knew all the words to the song. And as a songwriter, sometimes we'd be working on the material and I didn't have all the words done, 'cause we were, like, we were just experimenting. And he'd be, like, 'Hey, mate, what's the words to the song?' And I'm, like, 'I'm not finished.' And he goes, 'Dude, I need them.' And I'm, like, 'Why do you need the words?' And he says, 'That's what inspires my drumming.' And, literally, if you watch Clive Burr, he'll be singing along with every song. And no other drummer I ever met — ever — worked that way. They worked with the bass, they worked with the guitar… whatever… Clive worked off the lyrics, which helped explain his very unique style of playing."

I was going to mention that when I first saw it, but I didn't want to take Clive's tribute thread off topic. Happier times for all, anyway.

I really had to think about that one....I thought of the crowd as just wearing Eddie masks, unlike the 'real' Eddie. Like store Santas, as opposed to the real Santa :p

Back