• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeesh, that first matchup is a doozy. I might vote differently from one day to the next. SMX didn't do his #1 pick any favors in the bracket this round...

Any last minute help for Sweet Child? Anyone?

Those two songs are so close in my mind, that my vote can be swayed. If someone (other than SMX, who already voted for Zep) changes his/her vote to one of my favorite Zep songs such that it advances, GnR will get my vote. Just listened to Spirit of Radio and Sweet Child back-to-back, they are both just great.

Any last minute help for Sweet Child? Anyone?

Someone came through! Sweet Child wins the tiebreaker! (Top song in every pair always wins a tie.)

sweet.png

Whoever saved my #1 pick, thank you! :clap:

Classic Rock Mega-Knockout: 128 to 64, Round 13 of 16

These songs battle for the #4 position...

C04.png

"Comfortably Numb" (Pink Floyd) [4] vs. "Come Sail Away" (Styx) [125]

"Message In A Bottle" (The Police) [196] vs. "What Is And What Should Never Be" (Led Zeppelin) [445]

"You Shook Me All Night Long" (AC/DC) [29] vs. "Surrender" (Cheap Trick) [157]

"Whole Lotta Love" (Led Zeppelin) [36] vs. "You Give Love A Bad Name" (Bon Jovi) [93]

One day left for Round 10
Also open: Round 11 , Round 12

My votes:

Styx song is cute, but that Gilmour solo wins easily. Comfortably Numb
Police song is very good, but not against a monster Zep classic. What Is And What Should Never Be
Ear candy from Rockford beats overplayed cock rock from Australia. Surrender
Last one is tough, since Zep's tune isn't much of a "song". But it's got revolutionary guitar, a short but perfect solo and it's still more likely to send a chill down my spine. Whole Lotta Love

Pink Floyd by a mile.
The message in a bottle is "surrender".
Zep does not give love a bad name.

I'm surprised at how bad Zep is doing here. Police are crushing one of them, and the other is tied with Bon Jovi. I expected Zep to win both of those easily.

Floyd, Police, AC/DC, Bon Jovi

Robert Plant's vocals are a dealbreaker for me. Especially on Whole Lotta Love. He annoys the hell out of me with his whining.

I'm surprised at how bad Zep is doing here. Police are crushing one of them, and the other is tied with Bon Jovi. I expected Zep to win both of those easily.
There is a lot of Zeppelin hate on this forum, and I don't really know why. That said, I voted for The Police simply because it's a better song. But Bon Jovi beating Whole Lotta Love??? There are moments when I lose faith in the Maidenfans. I really do. [Old man shuffles off, shaking his head, muttering, "kids today..."]

There is a lot of Zeppelin hate on this forum, and I don't really know why. That said, I voted for The Police simply because it's a better song. But Bon Jovi beating Whole Lotta Love??? There are moments when I lose faith in the Maidenfans. I really do. [Old man shuffles off, shaking his head, muttering, "kids today..."]

I don't like Led Zeppelin, but they have been paired with bands throughout this game that I actively dislike. I would vote for every member of Led Zeppelin hitting one note (and all of those notes being different, completely atonal notes) over a Police song.

Also, BON JOVI FOR LIFE!*

*not really, but their 4-5 big songs are big for a reason and they are damn amazing.

Back