Classic albums and famous bands you don't like

Anything from Kiss
Nirvana-only like lithium& teen spirit, every other song from them I don't like
Gun n roses-only like civil war, live and let die(Paul's original version is a little better)
Anything from Led Zepplin
Micheal Jackson-the album thriller only like thriller the song but I don't like billie jean nor any other song from that album

I quite like reggae in small doses. Not a huge fan of rap in general, but sometimes you have to admire the rhymes (one good example is Rakim, who was able to claim his superiority to other rappers in more ways than you can imagine).

I'm also a fan of the instumental hip hop artist DJ Shadow (who also has a cool name).
Rakim is pure excellence Dj Shadow got good beats
To tell you the truth I love more hip hop than I do rock/metal
For as much I listen to my favourite band Maiden and indie rock to alternative to heavy metal to black metal to death metal
Hip Hop is still my favourite genre

I despise the I'm-gangsta-I-have-money-and-bitches-and-hoes-and-cars-and-gold-and-guns-and-security type of rap/hip-hop. One time a friend of mine recommended me a rap album with orchestra and it was cool. But generally, not my cup of tea at all.
I generally can't stand music recorded on a computer without any real instruments like most of pop is.
i recommend you listen to the roots you'll love that hip hop group 1 rapper with a band amazing albums even better live peformers

Famous bands I don't like: In Flames, Helloween, Gamma Ray, Aerosmith (more or less), Van Halen and anything else David Lee Roth was on.

Probably Rush comes to mind first. I like a few of their songs and recognize they are good musicians, but their music never did much for me. Most anything Van Hagar (I like Sammy solo though), and U2 as well.

:uhm: RUSH?!

I actually understand that. I never could stand them, and then about two years ago they finally clicked. Some of the best songwriters out there (usually).

Famous bands I don't like: In Flames, Helloween, Gamma Ray, Aerosmith (more or less), Van Halen and anything else David Lee Roth was on.

I could not agree more! Everything about Van Halen/DLR drives me crazy. Though I think they became slightly more tolerable with Hagar, I still don't get the appeal.

I'll throw some new names into the pot since the topic title has changed a wee bit:

Led Zeppelin (for the most part)
Jimi Hendrix
Guns N Roses
and one of the biggest plagues to ever exist in music:

RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS

:wtf:

Not sure how anyone cannot like DLR era Van Halen or DLRs solo work (at least his first album).

I think he's silly. It's like bad 80's pop music with guitar solos. He seems like a bad standup comedian who took a gig as a singer, found out he could bang a whole lot of groupies, and made it his career.

I don't know, I think it is beyond pop. There is some cool music in their songs, not just the solos. Eddie Van Halen does some great stuff in those songs. A lot of the lyrics are a bit cheesy (though the album Fair Warning is more serious, not Maiden serious, but serious for them), but IMO fun. They are an ideal summer, party day at the beach kind of rock band.

Famous bands I don't like? There's many of them.

Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, AC/DC, U2, Van Halen, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Kiss, Nirvana, Coldplay, Mastodon; almost all modern-day popular rock bands like Avenged Sevenfold, Green Day, Korn, Slipknot, System of a Down, Evanescence, 30 Seconds to Mars, Blink-182, My Chemical Romance, Bullet for my Valentine, Sum 41, Black Veil Brides also popular 80s metal bands like Poison and Mötley Crüe.

Bob Dylan, The Rolling Stones, The Black Crowes. Those are the first that come to mind. I also hate most Power Metal, I think it's a silly genre, so I'm with Perun on Helloween and Gamma Ray (though the latter has their moments).

I love the style of power metal, I just think most bands in the genre lack originality and compelling performances. About the only bands classified "power metal" that I can take seriously are Kamelot and Symphony X (though most would argue they are prog). I would say Dio was the king of power metal, and that no one will ever touch his flair for songwriting, but some might take issue with that statement. (But I did say it, there, didn't I? Well, now it's out there. And I have exceeded the limitations of proper parenthetical usage).

Symphony X has power metal influences yea, but I think the other influences are much stronger. Plus their music has balls, something most Power Metal is severely lacking.

Dio had some Power Metal-esque lyrics but the music wasn't PM at all IMO.

Symphony X has power metal influences yea, but I think the other influences are much stronger. Plus their music has balls, something most Power Metal is severely lacking.

:ok:

Dio had some Power Metal-esque lyrics but the music wasn't PM at all IMO.

I would argue that he was the major influence in the origins of power metal, especially with Rainbow. Judas Priest and Maiden certainly had their part in contributing to the genre, even though they could not be classified as "power metal".

Oh yea, I'd agree with that. He was definitely one of the bigger influences, but the early Power Metal groups took it to a completely different level.

Back