Christmas tunes

Wicker Man

Trooper
I don't listen to Paul and his career outside Maiden, but I was at his site, and I heard some of his samples. I want to encourage everyone on this site to go check it out. I don't know what his music is like but when I heard him singing Santa Claus is Coming to Town I didn't know what to think. It's worth checking out.

[!--QuoteBegin-Wicker Man+Nov 9 2005, 12:05 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Wicker Man @ Nov 9 2005, 12:05 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I don't listen to Paul and his career outside Maiden, but I was at his site, and I heard some of his samples. I want to encourage everyone on this site to go check it out. I don't know what his music is like but when I heard him singing Santa Claus is Coming to Town I didn't know what to think. It's worth checking out.
[snapback]122634[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Link please? I was on the website before but the sound wasn't working. Now i'm just being lazy by asking you to send a link.

[a href=\'http://www.pauldianno.com/audio/Paul_Di'Anno_-_Santa_Claus_Is_Coming_To_Town.mp3\' target=\'_blank\']http://www.pauldianno.com/audio/Paul_Di&#3...ing_To_Town.mp3[/a]

I wouldn't have expected something else as I saw him today in the Early Years DVD.He has realy changed.

He actually was accused of manslaughter at a time.
Its true, Paul really is a wasted talent.

Yes, it's true that he is a wasted talent. He has produced some damn fine music but hasn't really found a record company that will seriously promote him which is a shame. You should read his book 'The Beast'. It's a good read but I'm not keen that he always goes on and on about how hard and big he is.

But anyway, don't want to stray off topic.... Yeah, I've heard those christmas samples before. My fave is 'Another Rock And Roll Christmas'. Can't get that song out of my head!

This may be a good place to post this.

For any 'Scrubs' fans out there...

Or anyone that works in a hospital:

On the twelve day of Christmas, my true love gave to me:
Twelve beaten children
Eleven drive-by shootings
Ten frozen hobos
Nine amputations
Eight burn victims
Seven strangled shoppers
Six random knifings
Five suicides
Four beaten wives
Three O.D.'s
Two shattered skulls
And a drunk who drove into a tree.....

[!--QuoteBegin-Pineapple Hunter+Nov 25 2005, 09:05 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Pineapple Hunter @ Nov 25 2005, 09:05 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Why is it 12 days of Christmas when an advent calender goes up to 25?
[snapback]124000[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Advent is the four weeks up to and including Christmas. The twelve days of Christmas are the 12 days after it, up to the Epiphony on 6th of January.

Yep, it's sneaking up on us like that. As well as the rush to buy presents and all that. Oh, don't forget the kids with their pester power! Pretty depressing if you ask me...

Interesting sample. No great, just interesting....

And yes, the season of good will is here once again... Or the season of hype, advertising, disappointment and shopping frenzy-ness (Is that a word SMX? [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] )..

[!--QuoteBegin-dogigniter+Nov 26 2005, 01:35 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(dogigniter @ Nov 26 2005, 01:35 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Interesting sample. No great, just interesting....

And yes, the season of good will is here once again... Or the season of hype, advertising, disappointment and shopping frenzy-ness (Is that a word SMX? [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] )..
[snapback]124088[/snapback]​
[/quote]
And the season of Christmas specials. Good grief!

Just thought to let you know that on Paul's site he has released some of his full songs up for download. Some are pretty interesting, but there's only one song from Murder One which is the weakest but still good called 'Protector'. I recomend you take a listen!

[a href=\'http://www.pauldianno.com/audio.shtml\' target=\'_blank\']http://www.pauldianno.com/audio.shtml[/a]

Back