1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chris Cornell Survivor Round 10: Down On The Upside

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Lampwick 43, Jun 17, 2017.

?

Vote for your LEAST favorite songs

This poll will close on Sep 21, 2017 at 7:48 PM.
  1. Let Me Drown

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. My Wave

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Fell On Black Days

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Mailman

20.0%
  5. Superunknown

20.0%
  6. Black Hole Sun

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Spoonman

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. The Day I Tried To Live

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 4th Of July

40.0%
  10. Pretty Noose

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Rhinosaur

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Zero Chance

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Dusty

60.0%
  14. Ty Cobb

80.0%
  15. Blow Up The Outside World

20.0%
  16. Burden In My Hand

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. Never Named

80.0%
  18. Applebite

100.0%
  19. Never The Machine Forever

60.0%
  20. Tighter & Tighter

40.0%
  21. No Attention

80.0%
  22. Switch Opens

60.0%
  23. Overfloater

40.0%
  24. An Unkind

100.0%
  25. Boot Camp

80.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lampwick 43

Lampwick 43 Arriving Somewhere But Not Here

Welcome to the Chris Cornell Survivor!

This year we lost one of the greatest voices in music. What better way is there to honor his memory than by listening to and appreciating all the work he gave to the world?

This game will feature 6 Soundgarden albums, 4 solo albums, 3 Audioslave albums, and 1 Temple of the Dog album. The albums will be introduced in chronological order.

I'll be honest that a lot of this material I'm not fully familiar with, so I'm looking forward to having the opportunity to fully discover all this music.

This is my first time hosting a survivor, so don't expect perfection. :p I plan on sticking to standard Night Prowler rules. 3 songs from each album will be promoted to the finals, and the finals will consist of 3 waves of songs based on their votes from the album rounds. (i.e. the promoted songs with the fewest total # of votes will be introduced in the 3rd and final wave of the finals.)

I am open and willing to listen to feedback and make changes based on your suggestions.

I plan to just stick to songs that were released on the albums, but again this can change based on how the majority of players feel.

We start with the first two Soundgarden albums: Ultramega OK and Louder Than Love

Enjoy!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    mckindog and JudasMyGuide like this.
  2. Ariana

Ariana Purple leopard

Yeeeeeees!
    Okay, I'll have to re-listen to a lot of those things, and I have to admit I haven't listened to all of his solo albums either, but this is going to be soooo much fun!

P.S. I'll be rooting for Temple of the Dog.

Lampwick 43 likes this.
  3. Lampwick 43

:okok:

4. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

I've never actually listened to these albums before and...woooooooooboy, are they really bad. Chris Cornell's highs on some of these songs are absolutely breathtaking, just pure talent and raw emotion, but the songs are simply not very good. The only songs I legitimately liked here are Beyond the Wheel, Mood for Trouble, and Uncovered.

Voting for:

- 665, 667, Silence
    - Circle of Power (what a pile of garbage. Why would you let anyone else sing?!)
    - He Didn't
    - Head Injury
    - Hands All Over
    - Gun
    - Power Trip
    - Full On x2 and Big Dumb Sex

5. mckindog

mckindog Living for Sanctuary from the law Staff Member

Going to try my best to keep up on this, but have never heard either of these.

6. Ariana

Ariana Purple leopard

Doesn't look like many people are interested. :(

7. Collin

Collin Jambi

I will try to participate. I have a lot of other things going on right now.

8. Lampwick 43

I'll extend the deadline a bit to give everyone who plans on participating some more time.

I still need to listen to these, myself...

9. JudasMyGuide

JudasMyGuide Domini canis

Not sure how to vote. Worse than I thought. We'll see.

10. Lampwick 43

Wow. These albums are indeed hard to get through. You can definitely see glimpses of Cornell's crazy talents, such as on Beyond the Wheel and Smokestack Lightning, but none of the songs are all that special or memorable. Certainly not a good indication of what's to come.

I will say that Louder Than Love is a definite improvement over the first album, but that's really not saying all that much. I can hear some similarities to Alice in Chains here, but not nearly as good.

Voting for:

Circle of Power
    He Didn't
    Head Injury
    Incessant Mace
    One Minute of Silence
    Power Trip
    Full On Kevin's Mom
    No Wrong No Right
    Big Dumb Sex
    Full On

11. Lampwick 43

Is anyone else planning on voting in this round?

12. JudasMyGuide

I was, but...

13. Night Prowler

Night Prowler ɹǝlʍoɹԀ ʇɥƃᴉN Staff Member

Alright. I'm gonna power through this 2nd album and will vote. Gimme an hour or two.

Lampwick 43 likes this.
  14. Lampwick 43

I'm just trying to gauge the interest levels. I'm fine to update since 7 songs are unanimous, but I really hope future rounds will have more than 3 voters. These two albums definitely aren't very easy to get through, but the good news is that once we get past them, the next 3 albums are Temple of the Dog, Badmotofinger, and Superunknown. All of which rule.

[​IMG]

15. Night Prowler

I voted. And I would've voted sooner but these albums are so very bad. The talent is there, the performances are cool too, but songs are really really really bad. Not one catchy moment. Should be better soon :)

Lampwick 43 likes this.
  16. JudasMyGuide

Just go ahead without me. I'll try to vote in the next round.

17. Lampwick 43

I'll wait until the vote closes in the unlikely event that someone else jumps in; and I'll update it tomorrow. :)

18. Lampwick 43

@Night Prowler, I'm ready to update this. Is there a way for me to edit the poll, or do I have to create a new thread?

19. Night Prowler

Open a new thread, then I'll merge the new one with this one, with the new poll being retained. So you need to save the results of this thread somewhere.

20. Lampwick 43

Sounds good. I'll open the new thread when I get home from work.