Children of the Damned

How good is Children of the Damned on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Re: Daily Song: Children of the Damned

I see.

Would anyone know of a reference or a fool proof way to identify in what key each of the band's songs are in?

valacirca said:
How do you guys know what key the songs are in? o_O Are you doing it by ear or do you have a reference?

For one who plays an instrument (or more) and knows the slightest of music theory, it is very easy ... of course, if you have no clue what a key is in music, it is not easy.

I can play the guitar and I know basic music theory... but if you play me a note, I won't have the slightest idea what note it is.

Well, that is common. Only those who have perfect pitch (or close to it) will be able to do so. But once you have taken the time to learn to play a song, I assume you know its key once and for all ...

The simplest way of finding what key a song is in, would obviously to listen to a song in a known key, and then the song in question immediately after. Or just play along with the song on your instrument of choice.

I suppose :) I wonder if there are any softwares or plugins that can do the job though...

I haven't posted here yet?

Well, fine. This is a blinding track. Great atmosphere (I'm particularly partial to the Beast Over Hammersmith version, next to Hallowed this song is the highlight of that album), great build-up and thought-provoking lyrics. The way it starts out with a soft, smooth intro and builds up to the neck-breaking finale is, well... only Maiden can do that. 10/10, easily.

One of the most beautiful and impressive intros ever to a song, incredibly moody and powerful when it comes to the wonderful soaring chorus. The latter part of the song always seemed a bit misplaced for me as I'd preferred something more epic and intricate. Anyway, it's a classic!!! 9.

9/10, maybe the best Maiden semi-ballad, I adore the intro and the build-up and emotion, and Adrian's tapping solo, just brilliant.

I'm the guy who always tries to vote out CotD during Survivor.  So it is no surprize that I give it a 5.  I don't care for the atmosphere, and I think the song is a bit simplistic for the fan base it gets.  I may change my mind in the future.

This version is just brilliant, miles ahead of Donington 2007...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5M8vCUWkGA

9/10. The buildup is great, Bruce sings like a god, instrumental part is simple, energetic and effective, but overall the song is too simple to give it straight 10.

Zare said:
This version is just brilliant, miles ahead of Donington 2007...

Nah. The way I can hear the drums is what makes Donington 2007 so great. Compared to that, the sound of this recording is a mess. I like the rest though (atmosphere etc.).

Possibly my favourite song on the album, along with Hallowed and 22 Accacia Avenue. Great intro which was subsequently copied on Metallica's 'The Unforgiven II', fantasticly haunting vocals from Bruce and end section brings chills to me. My score is a 10.

Brilliant. One of the most beautiful intro in the catalog, high vocals, excellent chorus, solos, everything. 10/10

Along with HBTN and 22AA, it's one of the three masterpieces from TNotB album. Great dark feelings, fantastic chorus, great solos. 10/10

10 out of 10... Bruce's vocal performance alone merits a top ranking for this song, but it's all smokin'. Children of the Damned was one of the standout moments of my first Iron Maiden show (1982) when the lads were opening up for Scorpions. I remember the atmosphere created with the dry ice fog rolling over the stage, and Bruce's voice electrifying the entire arena... a real moment in time for me...

Man, the finale of this song, along with Innocent Exile is my favorite finale in any Maiden song.  The chorus brings it down a little, but it's still a classic and my third favorite from NOTB. 9 for sure.

Fantastic ballad, great solo by Adrian, and one of Bruce's best performances. I like Beast Over Hammersmith version the most. 10/10.

Prowler_108 said:
Man, the finale of this song, along with Innocent Exile is my favorite finale in any Maiden song.  The chorus brings it down a little, but it's still a classic and my third favorite from NOTB. 9 for sure.

Haha wierd, the chorus is my favourite part :p
The whole song is amazing though, in my top 10 :)

I like this one alot. I think the slow verses are a little too much though. 8/10

Back