CHEESEVIVÖR II Campaign 1: Glory Battalion, Battle 3 - Evertale vs Magic Kingdom

Which band is cheesier?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Perun

His name struck fear into hearts of men
Staff member
bnr_zpse40vjclv.png

Campaign 1: Glory Battalion, Battle 3 - Evertale vs Magic Kingdom

Evertale - In the Sign of the Valiant Warrior

The low-budget Blind Guardian strike again. I still think this album sounds impressive for the debut by an unsigned band, even if it does sometimes descend into stereotypical neo-classical guitar wankery. Oh Malmsteen, what have you done to the world...

Magic Kingdom - Dragon Princess
If this were 1996, I would use this to demonstrate why a band making a music video needs at the very least a director who has a clue of what he's doing and knows how to conceal budget constraints so they don't come across as pseudo-artsy. Nowadays, the video market has changed so much that the only thing that matters is having a video out in the first place. I guess.

Much as overdramatic pomp and heroism with a fantasy theme ticks a lot of cheese boxes, Magic Kingdom's crappy and sentimental approach has to count for something. I have to reward their efforts. She is my world/She saved my life. :puke:

Both of these are horribly cheesy, but the Evertale one simply sounds too good for me to vote for it. It's well-produced, well-played, and generally sounds pretty cool.

Disney cheese gets my vote.

There was an even more Disney one earlier, wasn't there? It's so memorable I can't actually remember it now.

There was indeed, but I also don't remember.

Power metal's strongest selling point is definitely not memorable songwriting.

Back