Chatroom problems- yet again

A

Anonymous

I can't access the chatroom either on mIRC or on the applet. Anybody got an idea why?

--Edit: It might be my connection, since others seem to be able to connect...

Ok, since a topic has alrdeay been created, I don't see why I shouldn't use it.

I have problems with the chatroom, I can't connect. One precision, I've never tried before, I just wanted to know how it's like.

I use Firefox (last update).

When I try to connect to the chatroom, I can see the Java picture, which is then replaced by a white square with a red cross on the top left corner.

Already done  :)

Actually, I have a message at the bottom of the page : Failed in loading the Java applet. I tried to update but the last version is the one installed.

When I try to load it a popup appears asking if I want to run the applet. If I say no I get a red cross, if I say yes I get the chat window.

Sorry for replying so late...

Real World said:
When I try to load it a popup appears asking if I want to run the applet. If I say no I get a red cross, if I say yes I get the chat window.

Ha ha !

This popup doesn't appear and Firefox doesn't tell me it blocked (?!) a popup window.  Who uses Firefox to connect to the chatroom ?

porcnoz said:
Sorry for replying so late...

Ha ha !

This popup doesn't appear and Firefox doesn't tell me it blocked (?!) a popup window.  Who uses Firefox to connect to the chatroom ?

If Firefox says it's blocked the pop-up, it usually comes up with a little message bar just below your tabs.  You can right click here to change the pop-up options, allowing it to run the pop-up.  That should do it.

I use Firefox and its not a "popup" its a security dialog. Popup blocker won't catch it but if your security settings are set to block java applets then that might do it.

Nothing works.  I've watched again end again and again the Java options, but everything seems to be right.  I've also tried with IE, and it doesn't work too.

@Real World : Even if I don't think you didn't have too, did you download any add-ons or plugins ?

I use this page to connect to the chatroom.

porcnoz said:
I use this page to connect to the chatroom.

When I view this page I temporarily get the Java symbol and then a white background with a red X in the top left corner.  Nothing is manipulative.  I feel your pain porcnoz.

I got a lot of computer problems solved over the last couple of days.  I can enter the chatroom.  The only problem right now is that no one is there.

LooseCannon said:

Thanks !  Finally, it looks like a First April joke.

LooseCannon said:
Because of the departure of Maverick, the IMC pages are not being updated.  This will lead to dead links over time.

I started wondering if that was, finaly, the only cause of my problem.

Genghis Khan said:
The only problem right now is that no one is there.

Not even you...

Back