Charlotte the harlot

Ok everybody.

You've all heard about Charlotte, but what is the true story??
I've heard many but i would like to hear even more, so post whatever you've heard about her. She is a mysterry!

For example steve said in the Documentary "Number of the Beast" that she did exist but she is a little secret inside the band.

There's a Di'Anno interview somewhere in which he mentions her... I dunno where it is now though, and I can't be sure that old Paul says the truth (you know what he's like! [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] )

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Sep 23 2003, 09:37 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Sep 23 2003, 09:37 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] There's a Di'Anno interview somewhere in which he mentions her... I dunno where it is now though, and I can't be sure that old Paul says the truth (you know what he's like!  [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] ) [/quote]
Yes, he always lies. North Sea Oil Rigger???

But back to topic, I haven't heard anything about the "real" Charlotte. I bet we won't know anything more than what's said on covers and in lyrics...

Here is what I found on [a href=\'http://metalkings.com/reviews/Paul-DiAnno/Paul-DiAnno-eng.htm\' target=\'_blank\']metalkings.com[/a]:

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]There was a song called "Charlotte the Harlot". And the boys have always told they it was a real person they know. As I've been to Ruskin Arms, the East End blokes told me that it was fiction.

Paul: The guys don't know her - Steve, Dave and so on. When Doug Sampson and I were in the band, we knew her, because she comes from a place called Wolfenstone in East London and she truely used to live at Acacia Avenue. And she was an old lady - everyone knows her; her name was Charlotte. But she was about fifty when I was twelve years old. All the guys were going around her house and I was asking my mom about her (laughs) I think that Maiden boys heard the story and used it.[/quote]

Or another one from [a href=\'http://www.battlehelm.com/interviews/Pauldianno.html\' target=\'_blank\']battlehelm.com[/a]:

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]So is the song ‘Charlotte The Harlot’ based on a real person?

Yep, its true. Her real name is High Hill Lil and she’s basically an old prostitute. Well, actually she was more of a slut ha ha. I mean, if you turned up to her house with some booze or some speed you were more or less guaranteed a lay. She was a legend in Walthamstow, everyone knew her...she was about 45 but a real rock out bitch..she’d take any guy from 15 upwards ha ha! The song says that she lived on Acacia Avenue but its
actually Markhouse Road, just before you go into Leyton cos thats the area where I lived.  [/quote]

Hope you're all happy now! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I'm a little more happy [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

That clears it up a bit! And Paul wasn't lying! What a sensation! (only joking...)

Back