CBC TV's "The Hour" Iron Maiden stream from Oct 17 (no spoilers)

Mahloni

Prowler
!!no spoilers. All clips in the show are from standard previously broadcast IM clips and DVDs. Interview does not talk about current tour or live songs.!!

The Hour is a national Canadian late-night show broadcast out of Toronto. The interview was done Sunday Oct 16 while Iron Maiden was in town playing the Air Canada Centre and broadcast the next day.

Maiden Voyage to the Studio
The Hour, CBC Canada
Host: George Stroumboulopoulos
Broadcast: 06/10/17
Total time: 10:34

Iron Maiden talk about how they record their albums George. (CBC summary)

http://www.cbc.ca/thehour/video.php?id=1093

Very nice bio segment. Includes clips of Bruce fencing and a few other snippets from videos and live shows. It ends with shots from the RinR DVD and George summarizing by saying "..and 300,000 people losing their minds to Iron fucking Maiden." Barely bleeped on the web stream but I think it was left in on the original live broadcast.

Then Bruce and Janick sit down with George for an in-person interview. The interview was recorded earlier without the audience.

They do not talk at all about the new tour or reveal any spoilers in the interview. Both are in a good mood and give a great interview.

The interview covers:
- how they recorded the new album
- how they record and work together now
- state of music and their career
- Bruce talks about his airline job and the recent 'high profile' flight he made to rescue Brits from Cypress

Mahlon

Firstly, they get the date of Maiden's conception wrong.  Christmas Day 1975, not 1976.  But that's a fairly common error, and only nerds like me care about that kind of stuff. :p

Secondly, the official band figure for Rock in Rio was 250,000 and even that was milking it a bit, as the ground wasn't at full capacity.

Other than those two minor points, this was a pretty informative interview.  It didn't really cover any new ground, but it's nice to hear the band's view on the rest of the music scene, from the horse's mouth, as it were.

SneakySneaky said:
So how many were there really?

I remember reading that, for safety reasons, the place wasn't at full capacity.  It was probably somewhere around 200,000 (which is still an impressive number!)

Back