Caught Somewhere In Time

How good is Caught Somewhere in Time on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Re: Daily Song: Caught Somewhere in Time

My favourite Adrian solo ever...and both solos are lengthy which is great.  The soaringest of soaring vocals from Bruce.  Amazing song all round.  One of my all time faves and a song I have enjoyed for many years.

Probably second worst on the album after Loneliness, a little long, but still a great song.  Chorus is weak though. 9.

Well, I think I am probably a little bit biased to this song, as this is the song that got me into metal in the first place, and is still my favourite song after all these years. It is an extremely long rocker at 7mins+, but it doesn't feel like it goes for that long. An awesome instrumental section with the 2nd half being simply incredible. 10/10

this is where adrian really started to experiment with his solos. Its a very good song but the chorus is just weak.

9/10

The song is overall very good, maybe it drags on a little too long in some parts, but it has a great groove. However, the one thing which stands out here is H's solo. That one takes the song from very good (an 8) to great, and I give a 9.

The album is one of my favourites, but I can't say I love this song.  It feels too long at over 7 minutes, and the chorus is kind of annoying.  I rarely skip it, and it's great running music, but I still give it a 7.  Edit: I just can't give any song but Deja Vu on this album less than 8, and I think I was a bit harsh at first.  8 it is.

8/10. Certainly the best Harris song on the album, but weaker than the three Smith songs IMO. It's good, but not that special really. The definition of "soaring" vocals, as The Mid-Distance Runner mentioned.

The very best Maiden opener, stellar intro, the longest double-bass type fast gallop Nicko sustained on single pedal ever (and it was even faster live!). Solos are out of this world, especially Adrian's...and his little licks on chorus spice up the whole thing even more.

10/10.

9 but as close to being a 10 as possible. The bass is fantastic, the intro is top class. Bruce is awesome, the solos are great. It probably just does suffer from being 20 or 30 seconds too long but it is awesome.

I'm sort of only OK with this album overall - I would probably have it as the second worst album (Fear of the Dark being the worst). There is one or two good songs on it, but this one is only mediocre. 5/10.

SIT the 2nd worst album ???? no way. its one of my favourites. very consistent. execellent production.

Great song! Awesome opener. The intro is just fantastic; as is the "time... is always on my side...". The chorus, as with most Maiden choruses, is amazing.

This one perfectly combines energy and atmosphere, making it one of the most exciting songs Maiden ever did. It has so much going on, and I still tend to discover new bits and pieces when listening to it. If I ever had to point out a forgotten gem in the Maiden discography, this one would be it. 9/10.

Apologies for not getting the next thread up timely - my computer crashed on Friday.

I'll never forget the moment when I heard the intro, when I played my 12 Wasted Years video tape for the first time. I had bought this video together with The First 10 Years, and at that point I didn't possess any Maiden studio album yet. I only knew the first two, plus SSOASS.

So, this new sound totally grabbed me. I wanted to get this album as soon as could. And what an album. I love that intro, with its spellbinding harmony, Adrian going higher at some point, and Steve and Nicko serve some solid groove underneath. That drum sound is unmatched. Both solos are pretty cool. One of Dave’s better ones on Somewhere in Time. I like the way he runs on the neck of his guitar, covering most of it. Adrian does what he’s best: a nicely built-up melodic solo, ending so awesome, almost a flashback of the diving spitfire he did on LAD’s Aces High chorus.

"You can't have synths in metal." Well this song, especially that opening half a minute, instantly puts Bruce's old theory to rest. I love the galloping backing throughout, and the drawn out vocals in the chorus. A fantastic and very unique opener to the album.
8/10

Back