Can you stay logged in?

What happens with me when I open the web-page is that it shows as me logged out, but as soon as I click any button, I'm automatically signed in.

Real World said:
If anyone is having problems staying logged in can you please post below what browser you are using? Thanks
Yeah, I'm getting this problem. If I shut my browser down and go back to this forum - I need to log back in even though I have selected to remain logged in forever. I'm using IE 6.

I don't really have a problem with it but I know others have, so maybe it could be an IE 6 issue!

I can't stay logged in, with firefox or explorer, on the main site or the forum. And its been that way a while. Kind of detracts me from the site, I hate seeing "Log In" every time I visit. And it's been that way a while now, not after the new forum. It doesn't have anything to do with my cookie settings either...

national acrobat said:
What happens with me when I open the web-page is that it shows as me logged out, but as soon as I click any button, I'm automatically signed in.

Likewise

EDIT: That's with IE6 and the latest Firefox

When I go to the main page (forum.maidenfans.com), I'm logged out, and I'm logged in as soon as i click on a link. (forum or profile etc...)

I've put the "forum francophone" in my favorites, and there, when I go directly there, I'm always logged in.

I use Safari 2.0.3

Hope it helps.

EDIT : when I go to the page : www.maidenfans.com/forum , there I'm logged in.

Funnily enough, the board just kicked me out and asked me to login (used name, password). Has this anything to do with your tweaking of the settings, mate?

Real World said:
Aha. Thank you ladies and gents I think I've discovered the solution :)

RW loves the control he has over us as we beg for his help.  It's all just a great big puzzle for him to solve :rolleyes:

I think that particular bug is fixed now (I, too, just got booted out in the middle of posting :(), so that's one more thing to check off, and the forum's looking good!  Strangely, my bookmark automatically updated, but then mine appeared randomly as well.... :huh:

I never had the problem before now but I didn't stay logged in.  I use Firefox and have the forum bookmarked as maidenfans.com/forums.  Arrrggh!

As I said, your bookmark SHOULD be forum.maidenfans.com NOT maidenfans.com/forum. Previously it didnt matter but now apparently it does

Sorry, I'm a dumb :innocent:

I have got another problem though... when I log on and click on "Show unread posts since last visit", nothing appears until somebody makes a post whilst I am logged in :down:

Back