1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I Play With Madness?

Discussion in 'Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son' started by Anonymous, Apr 11, 2004.

?

How good is Can I Play With Madness? on a scale of 1-10?

1. 10

16.2%
  2. 9

10.8%
  3. 8

27.0%
  4. 7

27.0%
  5. 6

5.4%
  6. 5

8.1%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

5.4%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. It may be commercial but it absolutely worked. Not only it was a hit but it made Seventh Son have a presence on mainstream media I do not remember for the album before nor after it, and thanks to its momentum all the 7th Son singles charted (even the live Infinite Dreams!)

2. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

You have to give Maiden credit for making the listener wait nearly 12 minutes before getting to the first remotely commercial thing on the entire album. Even when they were at the height of their popularity, they remained an albums band.

The song itself is fine. Similar to later songs like Holy Smoke and FHTE it's not the sort of thing I want to hear from Maiden, but they do it well. Really cool instrumental section. A slightly annoying chorus that has been totally ruined for me by mediocre live performances. But you know you've got a good album when the worst song is a 7.

3. BeThyJames

BeThyJames Trooper

I absolutely love this song and don't get some of the underwhelming comments on here.

I'm not actually a huge fan of the short upbeat rockers generally. But I think the chorus couplet is one of the best they've ever done. Especially the final chorus which has a wonderfully subtle tempo change. Great, if simple song

4. matic22

matic22 H is shorter for God.

A bit commercial, but it indeed worked. Great song. Nice riffs.

Great song
    8/10