Bruce's versions of Di'anno and Bayley era songs

I think that Lord of the Flies - with Blaze - is one of the best songs ever, and that Bruce just about manages to sing it, but whatever. Opinions, arseholes, etc.

NightProwler666 said:
My opinion:
All of the songs from TXF and VXI that Bruce sang are better with his vocals. Blaze NEVER EVER sang Paul's or Bruce's songs better than them.
Prowler '88 and Charlotte The Harlot '88 are better than the originals.
No.
Futureal was horrible with Bruce, and the originals of those were far better.  Those songs weren't written for Bruce kind of voice.

Prowler_108 said:
No.
Futureal was horrible with Bruce, and the originals of those were far better.  Those songs weren't written for Bruce kind of voice.
Bruce did Futureal???? Oh I feel like such a noob.
EDIT: just remembered he it was on the Edhuntour. Can't say i've seen that version.

The Knife Master said:
Bruce did Futureal???? Oh I feel like such a noob.
EDIT: just remembered he it was on the Edhuntour. Can't say i've seen that version.
He's pretty much just mumbling instead of singing.  No good.

Eddies Wingman said:
You don't like Bruce on The Clansman? I'm with SMX on that one, although I love that song with Blaze as well. Bruce's presence adds a dimension to live renditions of most songs, and The Clansman is no exception.

Of course I like it, but I meant that Blaze still does it better, especially live.  The Clansman live by Blaze is definitely one of my best live experiences ever.

Prowler_108 said:
No.
Futureal was horrible with Bruce, and the originals of those were far better.  Those songs weren't written for Bruce kind of voice.
I said:
NightProwler666 said:
My opinion:
It's just a matter of personal taste. I can't stand Blaze's vocals. I tried so many times but I just can't.

NightProwler666 said:
I said:It's just a matter of personal taste. I can't stand Blaze's vocals. I tried so many times but I just can't.

With you on this. He's such a hard working, decent bloke I often find myself trying to like his vocals but it just never happens :(

it's sped up. Hard to compare based on something that was altered.

I prefer paul's versions to bruce apart from POTO. Blaze, while a great singer just didnt work for me so i prefer the bruce versions. One point about the OP though, bruce is not the greatest frontman ever (TM) that would be freddie mercury.

Remember Tomorrow with Bruce is MUCH better than the original. I would love to hear it live, but that's unlikely to happen.

Remember Tomorrow with Bruce is MUCH better than the original. I would love to hear it live, but that's unlikely to happen.

Agreed. I also prefer Phantom of the Opera with Bruce. :fencing:

Regarding Blaze era songs, I also think Sign of the Cross and The Clansman are significantly better with Bruce's vocals.

The above is the worst version of Wrathchild. Its up there with Prowler and Charlotte '88. They manage to suck the soul out of their own songs.
As far as the rest of the debate goes, I think its hard on Blaze. The versions with him feature shitty production and what I see as jaded playing from the band in many cases.
I cant think of a case where Bruce makes a bad song good. Take Lord of The Flies. Great song but the version with Bruce is just that bit better for me and although Bruce plays his part, the energy from the band is also a big factor.
I would need to re listen to the early stuff but from memory...
Bruce is better at Remember Tomorrow, Paul wins on Phantom

Back