Bruce's Audition

A

Anonymous

Have any of you heard the songs of Bruce audition for Iron Maiden?
I have heard Killers, Wratchild and Twlight Zone, and the first two are GREAT, its obvious that the style of
that 3 songs have nothing in common with Bruce work on Iron Maiden, but he really excels in his voice, I can say thet his
voice is better than the instruments. It makes me think Steve felt that way two and decided to make Iron Maiden a more \"epic songs\" band
where the instruments are important, so he could also gain importance.
I have heard in an interview that on early concerts Steve would stand in front of Bruce while singing, making Bruce really angry [!--emo&:angry:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/mad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'mad.gif\' /][!--endemo--] . I feel that Steve thought that Bruce voice gained all the praise, while he would just be the songwriter, so he really wanted to stand up of Bruce.
Returning to the first topic, those songs have a more Rock n Roll feel, where the singer would gain all the attention (Elvis comes to mind) and the musicians would only be like \"extra guys [!--emo&:duckie:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/duckie.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'duckie.gif\' /][!--endemo--] \". Its obvious that Steve didn't wanted that and changed Iron Maiden style.
You should hear those song. It Would be great to hear your opinion.

I downloaded Killers and Twilight Zone but haven't heard Wrathchild yet. I'll have to start looking for it.

Is there any other song from the Bruce Auditions apart from those 3?
And it will be fun to know what songs have never been recorded, even live, with Bruce voice.
I think Drifter, Strange World, Another Life, Prodigal Son, and almost all The Blaze catalog.
Am I right?

Bruce did Drifter on Beast Over Hammersmith. As for Blaze songs I only know of Futureal, Sign of the Cross, Man on the Edge and The Clansman were done. I wish their was a copy of Bruce doing Blood on the Worlds Hands but I don't know.

[!--QuoteBegin-HEYDRICH+Jun 10 2003, 08:16 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(HEYDRICH @ Jun 10 2003, 08:16 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Is there any other song from the Bruce Auditions apart from those 3?
And it will be fun to know what songs have never been recorded, even live, with Bruce voice.
I think Drifter, Strange World, Another Life, Prodigal Son, and almost all The Blaze catalog.
Am I right? [/quote]
As I know only these 3 songs are available.
The rest :Drifter, Another Life, Purgatory you can find on some bootlegs from Italy'81 (so called Bruce Dickinson Warm-Up Tour)

- Prodigal Son - never played live [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back