Bruce rant

Urizen

Trooper
As you know I'm relatively new to Maiden (around 14 months), and even though I found out a lot about them via the internet, some things I'm still not avare of.

One of those is a "Bruce rant" on the Rock in Rio video, that I've heard(read) people mentioning couple of times, but without saying what it was exactly ("ha, ha, yeah, kinda like Bruce ranting on RIR").

Perun said in his newbies guide, I believe, that the rant, which is from what I've gathered pretty rude, is not on the RIR video.
So will someone tell me exactly what Dickinson said. :D

I havnt heard it for a couple years, but to sum it up - it was basically

"fuck britney spears, she's cool - we'll never be fucking cool - we're heavy FUCKING metal...Iron maiden...fuck"

I personally didnt like it...I think mav posted his views in the commentary
or not

A transcription of my favorite Bruce rant, from the Denver 1999 show...

[A fight broke out in the pit during "The Number Of The Beast". At the end of the song, before the music is even over, Bruce begins...]

"You, my friend - Mr. Colorado - hey! I don't give a shit where you think you fucking belong, my friend. The fact that you're a big fucker - you wanna be a tough guy? You fucking come up here. I'm about half your size. I'll rip your fucking guts out and drop them down your fucking throat, asshole. I don't give a fuck. And you too, Beardy, who likes to cause fucking trouble - everybody down here - I don't give a shit who thinks who - you wanna cause trouble? You fucking come and cause it with me, friend, because I'm not in the fucking mood tonight, all right? I like people having a good time. I don't like to see people getting kicked in the fucking head down here, all right? So give it up, all right? Give it up. 'Cause the next time I see somebody kicking the shit out of somebody down here, I'm gonna be in there with a fucking crowbar. Beat your fucking heads together, knock some sense into them."

[The band begins "Hallowed Be Thy Name" very quickly, as if to encourage Bruce to stop ranting.]

And now for something completely different:
This is post number two thousand! :yey:
I can now honestly say I've posted on this board thousands of times.

Good thing he didn't rant something that similar in AMOLAD tour.

Then again, they don't need to be "cool" since they are already well respected.

Never expected Bruce to go that far though.

SinisterMinisterX said:

[A fight broke out in the pit during "The Number Of The Beast". At the end of the song, before the music is even over, Bruce begins...]

"You, my friend - Mr. Colorado - hey! I don't give a shit where you think you fucking belong, my friend. The fact that you're a big fucker - you wanna be a tough guy? You fucking come up here. I'm about half your size. I'll rip your fucking guts out and drop them down your fucking throat, asshole. I don't give a fuck. And you too, Beardy, who likes to cause fucking trouble - everybody down here - I don't give a shit who thinks who - you wanna cause trouble? You fucking come and cause it with me, friend, because I'm not in the fucking mood tonight, all right? I like people having a good time. I don't like to see people getting kicked in the fucking head down here, all right? So give it up, all right? Give it up. 'Cause the next time I see somebody kicking the shit out of somebody down here, I'm gonna be in there with a fucking crowbar. Beat your fucking heads together, knock some sense into them."

[The band begins "Hallowed Be Thy Name" very quickly, as if to encourage Bruce to stop ranting.]

And now for something completely different:
This is post number two thousand! :yey:
I can now honestly say I've posted on this board thousands of times.

Amazing. Thanks all of you for the info.
One of my favourite rants is:

"It will be death before dishonor! This is Iron fucking Maiden"  :D
Ozzfest 2005.

SinisterMinisterX said:

I would love to have a recording of this rant... do you have or know of one?

Urizen said:
Amazing. Thanks all of you for the info.
One of my favourite rants is:

"It will be death before dishonor! This is Iron fucking Maiden"  :D
Ozzfest 2005.

Agreed. :)

"You the people, the fucking people !"  The Eggfest rants are indeed very memorable and probably my favorites.

WayneS said:
I would love to have a recording of this rant... do you have or know of one?

Yes, I have one. The transcription above was made by me, from a recording.

No, I won't be posting it publicly anytime soon. In a few hours, I leave for a weeklong vacation in Florida. After I return (i.e. after Nov. 26), I'll see about getting a version posted somewhere.

In the meantime, bother Perun about it. I got my copy of the recording from him a couple of years ago. Maybe he still has one sitting around somewhere.

( :p @ Perun.) :bigsmile:

On which tour was the rant about the guy throwing beer?  Axl Rose just cannot compare with Bruce when it comes to rants :lol:

Back