1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bruce Dickinson

Discussion in 'Solo/Side Project Discussion' started by Anonymous, Mar 13, 2006.

1. GhostofCain

GhostofCain Ancient Mariner

The best bit about going to the first date of the UK book tour is that in London he would read somewhere quite exciting, to be replaced with the lyrics to Wrathchild at later dates. So happy! :D

Black Wizard likes this.
  2. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

Damn, he's probably only going to take questions about Wrathchild by Manchester.

3. Black Wizard

Black Wizard Out of the Silent Planet

He wasn't even in the band when it was released!

4. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

Anyone know why Janick (spelled Jannick) is thanked in the liner notes for Accident of Birth?

Edit: Just did some more research. Man Of Sorrows?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  5. Zare

Zare Dream of broken citadels

6. srfc

srfc Educated Fool

It's not that version,

Forostar and Zare like this.
  7. Zare

Doh I forgot about that one.

8. Black Abyss Babe

Black Abyss Babe Played with madness once too often ...

0:12 - 1:18 for "Man of Sorrows"

9. GhostofCain

10. Srogyy

Srogyy Ancient Mariner

http://ironmaiden.com/whatdoesthisbuttondo/ Oh, cool. Poland among the few foreign language countries to release the book. I'm torn, though, because I don't trust translators that much... They often butcher this kind of books. I'd love to get the original, but it might get too expensive.

11. Night Prowler

Night Prowler ɹǝlʍoɹԀ ʇɥƃᴉN Staff Member

I'll read the English version no matter what. Also, the Kindle edition, I don't have any space left for new books on the shelf.

12. srfc

srfc Educated Fool

does anyone know what is said during the intro to Book of Thel?

I'd heard before that the similar bit in Machine Men is just Bruce reading the phone book or something, but I notice that you can here some mumbling in the intro on the live version of Book of Thel on the greatest hits, which would suggest that there is something more significant than the phone book being said if he bothered to recreate it live.

13. GhostofCain

I cannot understand what he is saying during the intro on the studio version (it is really low in the mix), but when it came to playing it live, if I remember correctly in 1998 he was doing a spoken intro during the quiet intro about opening the Book of Thel that he, apparently, did not do in 1999.

My guess would be something inspired by the Book of Thel. Here it is, just in case your hearing is much better than mine!

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/43651/the-book-of-thel

srfc likes this.
  14. Zare

What I think is clearly audible on live versions is "some pretentious motherfucker" right at the opening

jazz from hell and srfc like this.
  15. srfc

srfc Educated Fool

I looked at the clip of this on youtube and you're dead right.

I never picked up the Bruce live dvds, was this from the same tour as Scream for me Brazil? It's definitely not the same version as the CD, as on the version I'm familiar with both guitars play the lead fills during the intro and on youtube it's only roy Z

16. GhostofCain

The CD includes songs from different gigs; the DVD version is from one show.

On a side note, Anthology is an utterly recommended purchase. :)

Black Abyss Babe and srfc like this.
  17. GhostofCain

I have watched it again and it seems that he also mentions something about the "air conditioning system"! :lol: No wonder he ranted before Tears of the Dragon. :lol:

18. srfc

srfc Educated Fool

I'm way ahead of you, had a little look for it online yesterday, and it's on my next to buy list

19. GhostofCain

You won't regret it. :)

20. Zare

@srfc, three (or possibly) more songs from the Scream for me Brazil CD are taken from the same night that DVD bootleg is from. The Tower, Laughing in the hiding Bush and Tears of the Dragon. I mixed up the Tower :

Might as well do for the other three.

srfc likes this.