Bruce Dickinson

Two thoughts:
- it is a bit soon after the 1990-2010s IM vinyl reissues, and a little expensive, especially given there is no extra material included.
- his autobiography will be released at approximately at the same moment.

Now, the pound isn't worth much compared to what it used to be, so....

and final solo foray, ‘Tyranny Of Souls’ (2005)

Interesting wording. Looks like his plans for a new solo album have been shelved. Probably to spend more time with Maiden in their last years.

But I'm definitely gonna have to get this, probably seperately, £140 is a lot to shell out all at once.

These are pretty pricey. With the box it's about $30 per LP, which is expensive even for a double album and three of these are single LP. Still, I've wanted these on vinyl for a long time and it's better than the ridiculous prices the originals are going for.

This release is pretty interesting for a number of reasons. I wonder whether the band is lending its support to this reissue in exchange for a portion of the sales. I also wonder if he's using Bellman again to cut the masters. Also, "cut from the original masters" makes me wonder: are there analog master tapes for any of these? I assume they were recorded, mixed and mastered digitally. The high price per LP probably reflects the lower demand for these reissues than for Maiden's.

Tattooed Millionaire has an analog master I think. There was a vinyl release when it first came out and it was at least recorded analog. Dunno about the other ones.

If there was low demand, they wouldn't be able to set a high price. Probably more like a limited supply and relying on high demand from hardcore fans.

Interesting wording. Looks like his plans for a new solo album have been shelved. Probably to spend more time with Maiden in their last years.
Interesting but I wouldn't draw any conclusions yet. They probably don't want to advertise a box set as being complete while hinting at another album in the indefinite future that won't fit in the box.

Just get the original CDs. :p

Apart from Tattooed Millionaire, I don't think any of Bruce's solo work has been remastered.

Now, the pound isn't worth much compared to what it used to be, so....

about 150 euros or thereabouts for me, 25 quid a record is about the going rate for an album these days, I'll have some of that, don't own any of the originals on LP

Bruce Dickinson - Soloworks : The Vinyl Collection

BMG proudly reissue Bruce's solo catalogue on vinyl and as a box set this autumn!

https://goo.gl/HThqBD

BMG will be reissuing Bruce's solo catalogue on vinyl worldwide on 27th October.
400bruce-dickinson_box1.png

Bruce's six solo albums span from 1990 to 2005 and have been cut from the original masters for reissue on heavyweight, black 180g vinyl in artworked sleeves. Two of the titles ‘The Chemical Wedding’ and ‘Tyranny Of Souls are being made available for the first time ever on vinyl. The four previously available: ‘Tattooed Millionaire’, ‘Balls To Picasso’, ‘Skunkworks’ and ‘Accident Of Birth’ have been long out of print, with the latter two titles now expanded to double LPs for optimum sound.

As a special bonus, all six albums will also be available in a limited edition ‘Soloworks’ box, a must have for any collector.

From the stripped down, hard rock of Bruce’s debut solo album ‘Tattooed Millionaire’ (1990) and it’s heavier successor ‘Balls To Picasso’ (1994), through the cutting edge alt-rock of ‘Skunkworks’(1996) and the heavy metal celebration of ‘Accident Of Birth’ (1997) to the modern metal with a traditional heart of ‘The Chemical Wedding’ (1998) and final solo foray, ‘Tyranny Of Souls’ (2005), these six albums are an essential part of Bruce’s story outside of Maiden and, more importantly, some of the most vital and absorbing metal albums of the last three decades. Revisit them now at maximum volume.

Everyone who purchases the complete ’Soloworks’ box from 'pledgemusic.com' will also receive a double-sided 24” x 36” poster.

£140 for the box, £20 -1LP- to £25 -2LP- by album:
Tattooed Millionaire 1 LP
Balls To Picasso 1 LP
Skunkworks 2 LP
Accident Of Birth 2 LP
Chemical Wedding 2 LP
A Tyranny Of Souls 1 LP

Great news. This is a box set I will definitely be buying, as although I have all of his solo albums on CD and singles (on vinyl and CD-singles), Tattooed Millionaire, Alive in Studio A and Skunkworks are the only of the solo albums I have on vinyl.

Last edited:
Everything has been remastered when they were re-released with bonus tracks, right?? I prefer the original version of CW, a bit quieter, without the bonus tracks.
Maybe someone could verify, but I just compared the two versions and they sound like the same master to me. Wouldn't really make sense to remaster an album that was done all digital and released just a few years earlier anyway.

Well crap

need to think about this, I have all of them on vinyl already except (obviously) Chemical Wedding and ToS

Leaning towards just ordering those two .. the box is cool, but not worth the money cool.

I'll definitely pick up AoB and Chemical Wedding. Probably Tyranny too. I'm not very big on the rest. Balls to Picasso is a maybe. I will definitely not buy the box.

Wish I was in the UK .. and hope he does some of these in the US

From the Fan Club:

What Does This Button Do? – A Conversation with Bruce Dickinson

Hear Bruce read from his forthcoming autobiography, talk about the experience of writing it (and no doubt many other things) and answer questions from the audience.

17th October - Troxy, London (7:30pm)
20th October - Assembly Rooms, Edinburgh (7pm)
22nd October - The Lowry, Manchester (2pm)

Tickets cost £30 - includes a pre-signed hardback copy of What Does This Button Do? and a Trooper beer (or a soft drink).

Tickets go on sale to the public at 9am on Friday, but we've secured early access for IMFC members.

The presale will go live 9am (UK) on Thursday 31st August and run for just under 24 hours.

Note that we do have a fixed allocation of tickets for the presale - it should be plenty but grab yours early if you want to be sure, as once they're gone we can't add any more and you'll need to wait for the public sale.

Back