Bruce Dickinson video interviews / shows

I think the guy had a point that many fans agreed with, the Blaze albums were good musically but lacked the magic Bruce's albums had ... and that magic was Bruce's voice

Bruce actually seemed a bit annoyed that Maiden was brought up, understandably, it was completely irrelevant. I don't know if Bruce was the missing "magic" (especially since the last album he did with them was so dull and uninspired) but Virtual XI really is missing something, even if the songs are good.

Well, it felt as voicing a populist opinion (like Eddie trunk, trying to score in an easy way, pleasing audience and Bruce) but these are my 2 cents of course. Naturally, I disagree (or else I wouldn't have a problem ;-) with it).
I never missed Bruce on these albums. To me it's all about the songs and atmosphere. If I like a song less, it's only in a rare occasion, that that is because of Blaze.

Bruce (and others) are in an odd spot. On one hand, his Maiden days certainly brought him fans, but on the other hand, he wanted to stand on his own ... and I am sure was sick of Maiden being brought up in every interview he ever did post-Maiden ... but probably recognize without his Maiden days, he might not be getting these interviews.

Yeah but it's double. I guess he wishes that the judgement on the quality of his "outside Maiden"-work is purely based on its content, but "secretly" he likes the attention of all the Maiden fans (making a bigger group to try out his work).

Not sure if this was ever posted on Maidenfans. Just in case:
YouTube user comment: This is the only video on YouTube of the band playing this song live, thank you for uploading it!

Not sure if this was posted or how (un)known this is:
David Gilmour, Ian Gillan & Bruce Dickinson Broadcast to the USSR

The following is just audio. I don't really like this, but it's a guest appearance I hadn't heard of yet:

By the way, I remember a vid in which Bruce plays bongo's(!) in Kayleigh on Fish's wedding. I posted it some years ago but the link doesn't work anymore and I can't find it on YouTube. If anyone knows where it it, thanks in advance!

Last edited:
From the Celebrating Jon Lord concert at The Royal Albert Hall, London, Friday 4th April 2014. Glenn & Bruce played this set of material from Glenn's time in Deep Purple. Other musicians playing on this set include Ian Paice (Drums), Don Airey (Keyboards), Rick Wakeman (Keyboards), and Micky Moody (Guitar).

Setlist:

1) You Keep On Moving - 0:42
2) Burn - 6:33
3) This Time Around - 15:08

About Balls to Picasso and leaving Iron Maiden (originally aired July 30th 1994)

Last edited:
I don't think many people have seen this. In 2004, Bruce appeared on the first 6 minutes of this "Trainspotting" episode:

Last edited:
There's a social media thing of "What would 14 year-old you say to adult you?". I reckon 14 year-old Bruce would say "Fucking hell, you do that, and that, and that, AND THAT?!"

@Perun Recognize the place? ;-)

This interview was done in an interesting time. It's quickly about Psycho Motel and SkunkWorks. Both things (probably) didn't bring what the guys hoped from it, and now have united forces.

I like the topic "dictatorship in a band". It goes on for a while and I can't help wondering why they keep talking so much about this. Did they experience it?

The last couple of minutes are funny, in a more relaxed mood, when the interview was "over". Confessions of Bruce Dickinson! (And what the hell is Adrian trying to eat at the end?)

Last edited:
About Scream for me Brazil
Not really. There's about 500 Irish Pubs in Berlin, and they're all named after something by James Joyce. :p
Look at the buildings! They only change once every couple of years!

Last edited:
Back