Bruce Dickinson Survivor II: request songs

Vote for your LEAST favorite songs!

• But don't let me stop you.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • If you vote for anything here, you're wasting your time.

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • But don't let me stop you.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Go ahead, vote.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dare you!

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

SinisterMinisterX

Illuminatus
Staff member
When Blaze Survivor finishes (about 3 weeks from now), we'll start Bruce II. Some people requested that non-album songs appear in the next edition. So request them here! About a week before we start, I'll collect all the requests and post the song list we'll be using.

One more thing about Bruce II:
The top ten songs from Bruce I get a free pass to the Semifinals, where they'll battle the 10 "best of the rest". So as we move along, this won't be the same top ten as last time (except possibly in the Finals.)

I enjoy these Bruce tracks very much so here goes:

1. The Breeding House   -> audio link
2. No Way Out... to be Continued    -> audio link
(both b-sides of the Tears of the Dragon single)

3. Return of the King  -> audio link
(Japanese bonus track of The Chemical Wedding)

-------

Off-topic question: would you feel something for a non-Priest Halford poll?

We could do his 4 studio albums: the 2 Fight albums + the 2 Halford studio albums +
several studio tracks which are on several other releases (which are no regular Fight or Halford studio albums*):
I am thinking of at least these 8 songs:

"Light comes out of Black" (recorded with Pantera in 1992 for the Buffy the Vampire Slayer soundtrack (1992))
Probably his first recording after Halford left Priest. A very strong track!

"Screaming in the Dark", "Heart of a Lion", Prisoner of Your Eyes" (from Live Insurrection)

"Forgotten Generation", "Drop Out" (from Metal God Essentials)

"Fetish", "God, Bringer of Death" (new songs from remastered Resurrection *alright, this is a regular studio album, but these 2 extra tracks are brandnew)

Note: Halford also did another Project, called 2wo, more industrial stuff, plus his latest Christmas songs project, though we could skip these ones, unless someone really digs this stuff(?)
Note 2: There's also a 2007 release from Fight called K5 - The War of Words Demos which features 5 new songs but I don't have this one yet, nor do I know how to get it (soon), so we could skip this one as well?

Thanks for your attention, we don't have to start it now, but we could do it when the Priest poll has finished or something?

Forostar said:
Off-topic question: would you feel something for a non-Priest Halford poll?

I've been giving this some thought, and I haven't come to a final decision yet. But right now, I'm leaning strongly towards "no".

Here's why: I put a fair bit of time and work into these Survivors, and the idea of doing all that work when I don't care about the music is very unappealing. I've never really followed Halford outside of Priest, so I wouldn't know the music and wouldn't be voting. (And no, I'm not interested in taking the time to listen, sorry.) It's a lot of effort for nothing, from my perspective.

However, I don't own any monopoly on running these games. If you want a Halford Survivor, you can do it yourself. :bigsmile:

One final thing: I am not opposed to doing "requests" like this at all ... you just have to request a band I actually like a fair bit.

Now, back to Bruce...
I took the song list from Gor's post. There's a lot of seldom-mentioned tracks from the Picasso/Skunkworks era I'd like to omit - including every song would make those rounds excessively long. So as of right now, here's the song list we'll be using:

Tattooed Millionaire
Son Of A Gun
Tattooed Millionaire
Born In ’58
Hell On Wheels
Gypsy Road
Dive! Dive! Dive!
All The Young Dudes
Lickin’ The Gun
Zulu Lulu
No Lies
Bring Your Daughter… …To The Slaughter
Ballad Of Mutt
Winds Of Change
Darkness Be My Friend

Balls To Picasso
Cyclops
Hell No
Gods Of War
1000 Points Of Light
Laughing In The Hiding Bush
Change Of Heart
Shoot All The Clowns
Fire
Sacred Cowboys
The Breeding House
No Way Out… To Be Continued
Spirit Of Joy
Over And Out
No Way Out… Continued

Skunkworks
Space Race
Back From The Edge
Inertia
Faith
Solar Confinement
Dreamstate
I Will Not Accept The Truth
Inside The Machine
Headswitch
Meltdown
Octavia
Innerspace
Strange Death In Paradise
I’m In A Band With An Italian Drummer

Accident Of Birth
Freak
Toltec 7 Arrival
Starchildren
Taking The Queen
Road To Hell
Man Of Sorrows
The Magician
Welcome To The Pit
Arc Of Space
The Ghost Of Cain
Wicker Man
Acoustic Song
Midnight Jam

The Chemical Wedding
Killing Floor
Gates Of Urizen
Trumpets Of Jericho
Machine Men
The Alchemist
Return Of The King
Real World
Confeos
Broken

Tyranny Of Souls
Mars Within
Abduction
Soul Intruders
Kill Devil Hill
Navigate The Seas Of The Sun
River Of No Return
Power Of The Sun
Devil On A Hog
Believil
A Tyranny Of Souls
Eternal

Semifinals (the top ten song from Bruce Survivor I)
Book Of Thel
Darkside Of Aquarius
Omega
Chemical Wedding
Tears Of The Dragon
King In Crimson
The Tower
Accident Of Birth
Jerusalem
Silver Wings

This list is still open to change, until the game begins (two weeks away, maybe a bit less). So if you have a comment/request, post it and I can still change the list. I will not change the list after the game starts.

SinisterMinisterX said:
I've been giving this some thought, and I haven't come to a final decision yet. But right now, I'm leaning strongly towards "no".

Here's why: I put a fair bit of time and work into these Survivors, and the idea of doing all that work when I don't care about the music is very unappealing. I've never really followed Halford outside of Priest, so I wouldn't know the music and wouldn't be voting. (And no, I'm not interested in taking the time to listen, sorry.) It's a lot of effort for nothing, from my perspective.

I understand this from your point of view (though I'm surprised that you never followed Halford outside of Priest, man you missed some kick-ass metal songs!) but I am hoping that this Survivor could attract a few more voters than some others which have been going on.

SinisterMinisterX said:
However, I don't own any monopoly on running these games. If you want a Halford Survivor, you can do it yourself. :bigsmile:

I'll think about it, because his career deserves it imo.  :)

Forostar said:
...I'm surprised that you never followed Halford outside of Priest, man you missed some kick-ass metal songs!...

I did DL the 2 Halford studio albums and give them a few listens, plus I saw Halford live in 2000. So I know there's some very good songs there. But it never really captured my attention, and I haven't heard it in a long time now.

:eek:fftopic: -> Was that when they opened for Maiden? Cool.

I saw Halford in 2001 (or maybe 2000) as the main act. Gamma Ray was the support act. GR had to leave the stage early, and unexpected, after only 5 or 6 songs. Then Halford came on and they played very long. The music rocked, but I was shocked by the lack of communication in between songs. He seriously didn't speak a single word to the audience.

Back