Bruce Dickinson Survivor finished: Final report

Vote for your LEAST favorite songs!

• Book Of Thel

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Darkside Of Aquarius

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters
Just download using torrents, then you can get the whole discography. That's what I do before I decide whether I like a band enough to buy their stuff.

So you don't buy a single album in case you wouldn't like (one of) the others?
What I mean is: Why not decide per album if you like it, and buy it. Much better (and more fair) system imo.

1. I download the discography
2. Listen to the discography
3. Buy the albums I like, or all of them if I REALLY like the band

If you're going to download music, it's often just as easy to get the full discography instead of a single album, so why not do it?
And once you have it, why not listen to all of it before making purchase decisions?
Sounds like a good plan to me.

Two MySpace tracks (or a good old listening session in a CD store) can convince me that an album is worth buying. I have a talent for knowing which kind of music appeals to me. I rather discover and enjoy a band's work step by step. Like this I feel that I appreciate an album to the maximum. After that, the discovery continues.

Selecting from thousands of MP3's is an alternative choice but the bigger the quantity gets, the less time one has to appreciate and enjoy the individual albums and songs fully.

Not unimportant: when one compares one album with a complete discography the weaker albums almost never get a (second) chance. It is not always the best thing to buy the best album first. When a weaker album is purchased earlier, that's no sin, because a first obtainment can grow, and the satisfaction can only be bigger when the next album you buy is even better.

Another reason vs listening to the whole discography before obtaining a CD: it spoils the listening, all the songs are already known.

My 2 cents.

Well, I can't speak for everywhere, but I always listen to a discography in the correct chronology (from first demo), and I always listen to the songs more than once. I'm not sure if you're responding to me directly, but that's how I do it.

Back