Bruce Dickinson Survivor 2012, Results thread - Joint Winners!

Satisfied with the results?

• Yes

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters

Unknown One

I see the ghost of navigators.
Welcome to 2012 Bruce Dickinson Survivor!

Rules will be similar to SMX's Survivors, with a few differences.
- 2 songs per album get promoted to the finals.
- 10 songs that survive until the end of the album rounds also get promoted to the finals.
- Until we get to final 10 songs you can vote for as many songs as you want.
- Once we reach the top 10, votes get limited to 3 votes. Top 5 means 2 votes only and Top 3 means just the 1 vote. If you vote for more songs at these stages, I just won't count your votes.
- All studio albums are included. All bonus tracks and non album songs will be included but not cover songs (unless they are on the album proper) or "remastered" versions of older songs.
- I'll eliminate as many songs as I deem necessary (probably 1-5), depending on ties etc.
- Rounds will be 2 days long

Also, I decided that Tattooed Millionaire will have it's own round, 30 songs in one round is a bit much.

The strongest songs from this album (original tracklist) are imo the opening three and the last one (No Lies). From the B-sides I prefer Darkness Be My Friend and to a lesser extent BYDTTS.

So the rest gets my vote:
  1. Hell on Wheels
  2. Gypsy Road
  3. Dive! Dive! Dive!
  4. All the Young Dudes
  5. Lickin' the Gun
  6. Zulu Lulu
  7. Ballad of Mutt
  8. Winds of Change

Oh, man! I haven't heard this album in years. Will give it a listen and vote later, I want to be objective here. How long will the voting be open?

It is below "Vote for..." -->

This poll will close on Sep 22, 2012 at 4:28 PM.

Though sometimes an organizer can deviate from that.

I think everyone will be doing 2 day rounds. At least Night Prowler and I are.

Foro ,it's always more fun when I disagree with you, but I'm with you 100 per cent on your top four.
Title track is a catchy 80s rocker with catchy Janick solo, Born in 58 a nice introspective diversion, No Lies powers along with that steady bassline and the title track is a good classic rock track. Gypsy Road is also a nice classic rock tune as well and a notch above the rest, which is essentially B side material.
So I'm voting for everything else.

Everything except for :

Son of a Gun
Tattooed Millionaire
Born in '58
No Lies

* Forgot to vote for Ballad of Mutt.

I will have to give this album a listen later and will report back. Time to get myself familiar with the rest of Bruce's music :)

All right, gave this a proper listen. I knew I should have, things have changed a bit since the last time I heard it.
Voted for Hell on Wheels, Gypsy Road, Lickin' the Gun and Zulu Lulu.

I should relisten to the album, but the only songs I remember really, really liking are:

Son of a Gun
Tattooed Millionaire
Born in '58
Dive! Dive! Dive!
All the Young Dudes
Winds of Change
Darkness Be My Friend

So I voted for everything but those songs.

Just finished the album for the first time. Pretty good for non-Maiden Bruce but still like AOB and TCW better. I wasn't really into:

Gypsy Road
Dive! Dive! Dive!
All the Young Dudes (Even though the original version of that song is ok)
Lickin' the Gun
Zulu Lulu
Ballad of a Mutt (Its interesting that he went for a bluesy feel but he sounds too much like David Lee Roth to me and that kind of turned me off on the song)

I voted for those.

Damn, this was hard. I'll probably change my votes a bit for next round, but this time:
Hell On Wheels
Gypsy Road
Lickin' The Gun
Zulu Lulu
No Lies
Darkness Be My Friend

These two (one of them not even written by himself), I find them too sweet. I prefer the melodies of Darkness. Certainly, it's also a simple song (and fragile!) but I think it has more depth. It landed deservedly on the extra disc of Bruce's "The Best of..." (although that doesn't say that much because the best two b-sides ever recorded in mankind are not on it as well ;-).

But tastes differ of course. :)

Oh damn, I forgot All The Young Dudes is a cover. Even though I like it, now I'd vote for it too because of that. I dunno, IMO Darkness Be My Friend is more of a lullaby than those two.

Back