Bruce beaing rude!?!

I don't think it really matters whether or not Bruce is cursing. If he feels like being a dick, then let him be because he's gonna give us what we want- an amazing Iron Maiden show. Don't hold Bruce accountable for the entire band- Dave, Adrian, Steve and Nicko are still there too. Plus, if Bruce's cursing really offends you, then you shouldn't be a metalhead anyway. Long live Bruce!

[!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Plus, if Bruce's cursing really offends you, then you shouldn't be a metalhead anyway[/quote]

I agree.

If he wants to curse, then fine. I'll admit, I sometimes any cursing in any song/ performance that is used to much just kills the whole thing. But you're telling me you're gonna have a problem w/ a 45 year old man who uses that language?? tons of pple use it. even other acts.

bruce can use swear words as much sa he like as long as he`s preformanc is geat so F... YOU!!!!!

IRON MAIDEN THE BEST OF THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BRUCE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IRON MAIDEN THE BEST OF THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BRUCE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[!--QuoteBegin-Djaser+May 20 2003, 01:48 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Djaser @ May 20 2003, 01:48 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] [!--QuoteBegin-Smetalxi+May 19 2003, 11:07 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Smetalxi @ May 19 2003, 11:07 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Plus, if Bruce's cursing really offends you, then you shouldn't be a metalhead anyway. Long live Bruce!

[!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
Yeah right. If you'd better you'd have seen that it doesn't offend people but annoyes people. [/quote]
I agree there, it's more a matter of being annoyed at constant and gratuitous swearing than being shocked. I do swear a lot myself, so I don't care when people do either. My only complaint is that Bruce seemed to be doing that intentionally to get a response from the audience. His intelligent comments during the 80s gigs were, in my view, better received by the audience.

I'd rather hear \"This is a song about...\" than \"Who the fuck do you fucking think we fucking are? Fucking Britney Spears?\". That's all [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

The swearing isn't a wise move IMO. People who think of Maiden as one of those sweary, stupid, arrogrant metal bands (some people do, don't know why!) will maybe see Maiden at a festival and see Bruce going 'fucking scream fucking louder than that you bunch of fucking tossers...' and think they were right all along.

[!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
Yeah right. If you'd better you'd have seen that it doesn't offend people but annoyes people. [/QUOTE]
I agree there, it's more a matter of being annoyed at constant and gratuitous swearing than being shocked. I do swear a lot myself, so I don't care when people do either. My only complaint is that Bruce seemed to be doing that intentionally to get a response from the audience. His intelligent comments during the 80s gigs were, in my view, better received by the audience.

I'd rather hear "This is a song about..." than "Who the fuck do you fucking think we fucking are? Fucking Britney Spears?". That's all [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
I feel the same way. I was watching the LAD concert and it was funny hearing the stories behind the songs and all. Like the one about the queen & smoking ^^ That would get me going. Plus you feel like you're apart of it because you here what they might have been thinking (or in somecases, doing) while writing the song. That's more interesting than the 'fuck' thing. I mean, overall I luved RIR, and when I first watched it I thought the 'fuck' thing was OK. But in a way, you see why he wanted to do it, because most audiences have a thing that when the singers says, "fuck" that they go crazy, but in a way, you can also see that in some spots it isn't really necessary.

What about this tour?? Have any of you been to any shows?? How does he act during this tour?

[!--QuoteBegin-The Ancient Mariner+May 29 2003, 06:21 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The Ancient Mariner @ May 29 2003, 06:21 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]The swearing isn't a wise move IMO.  People who think of Maiden as one of those sweary, stupid, arrogrant metal bands (some people do, don't know why!) will maybe see Maiden at a festival and see Bruce going 'fucking scream fucking louder than that you bunch of fucking tossers...' and think they were right all along.[/quote]
What is a \"tosser\"? [!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Cosmiceddie+May 29 2003, 07:51 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Cosmiceddie @ May 29 2003, 07:51 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] What is a "tosser"? [!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
It's a slightly politer version of 'wanker'...

You are [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:wacko:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wacko.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wacko.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:wacko:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wacko.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wacko.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back