Brave New World

How good is Brave New World on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Re: Daily Song: Brave New World

9/10. Great melody and very thoughtful lyrics. Not the best on the album, but up there.

10. Oh, my God, these are probably the most remarkable opening lines ever, such as "Generals gathered in their masses, just like witches at black masses". The tone here is of death and despair, too, but of the individual, desolated in a dying plastified world, which is exactly the one we're into, physically speaking. Everything is perfect - verse, chorus, lyrics (a poem, actually) melodies, Bruce's delivery, Jan's solo is genius, nothing bad can be said about this guy, anymore! The instrumental section is jaw dropping, makes you drool like a little baby! Fantastic!!! :edmetal:

As much as I've tried, I really don't like this song as much as most people. It is really good and has a great chorus even though it is a bit repetitive. 8/10

8, fantastic intro and verses but the chorus is poor and the instrumental section could be better.

This one is the first real showcase of the three guitar Maiden line-up. When the couplets start you get the idea:

- Dave keeps playing those melodic chords (taa-taa-daaaaaa), following his intro melody
- Janick does the lead melody
- Adrian is the riff master

A brilliant intro, I never forget the first time I heard it: on the Maiden site, before the album was out, when the first three songs were shared with the fans. LC is right, the instrumental midpiece is brilliant, a really fine harmony, in which H switches to a higher note in the second half. The best solo is Dave's. Beyond this world stuff!

:shred:

Best song of the album!

One of the first songs I heard from the "reunion" era, it's also one of the better ones. I really like the intro and how it builds up from there, and an excellent instrumental section. The one thing against it is the chorus with drags the score from a 10 to a 9.

This was another track which I wasn't sure just how high to score, but listening to it on repeat for a while has just reinforced what a brilliantly beautiful song this is. 9/10

Amazing songs, from start to finish. The intro is incredible, the solos are great, and the lyrics are among their very best. 10/10.

10 out of 10... A blinding solo each from Janick and Dave, Bruce singing his heart out, and subject matter culled from one of my all time favorite novels... classic Maiden.

Great song. Aside from the first lyrics (dying swans? wtf?) really good song that decries the current state of our world more than being based on the book... 9

dying - the time when something ends; "it was the death of all his plans"; "a dying of old hopes"
demise, death
life-time, lifespan, lifetime, life - the period during which something is functional (as between birth and death); "the battery had a short life"; "he lived a long and happy life"
grave - death of a person; "he went to his grave without forgiving me"; "from cradle to grave"
end, ending - the point in time at which something ends; "the end of the year"; "the ending of warranty period"

swan
1. Any of various large aquatic birds of the family Anatidae chiefly of the genera Cygnus and Olor, having webbed feet, a long slender neck, and usually white plumage.

Hope that clears it up.

Onhell said:
Great song. Aside from the first lyrics (dying swans? wtf?)

Bruce himself cleared that up. Check his quote in The Iron Maiden Commentary. The Bruce bit in the album Commentary. He speaks about cranes dying, and it should explain what he means with dying swans.

Another classic song. A great mix of fast and slow sections, with good vocal lines. 10/10.

Fantastic song, worhy of a title track.  Also a song that sounds better live.  Great lyrics, vocals, and solos.  a very strong 9.

8. One that really has never clicked with me, also a little repetetive. This song does have some very good lyrics that make you think. A good solid song overall.

Back