Brave new world vinyl from HMV

In the US at least there are two Record Store days, one in April and one on Black Friday. Is it just the April one in the UK?

You've got me there, Im not in the habit of buying vinyl, so I don't usually pay attention.

Does anyone know if the US reissue will be black vinyl? Also, how easy/difficult will it be to get one in the UK? The HMV release goes for silly prices online so ideally I would like to get a US one before the price shoots up.

I'm pretty sure it is confirmed as black vinyl. Record Store Day vinyls usually increase very quickly. I'd suggest looking online the day it comes out (November 25) and see if you get lucky.

In April there was a website showing all participating stores. I missed out with the one nearest to me and ended up getting EOTC via Croatia

For people who went to the store for EOTC, what was the supply like? Were there a few copies available? I want the BNW coming out next week but I don't know if I'm going to have to wait in a line before store opens or something.

For people who went to the store for EOTC, what was the supply like? Were there a few copies available? I want the BNW coming out next week but I don't know if I'm going to have to wait in a line before store opens or something.

I actually happened to go by a record shop today because they called me saying I won an album (Hawkwind Onward 2LP) in a drawing last week lol, and to pick up the last available Maiden studio album on vinyl that I didn't own (Piece Of Mind), and just happened to ask the dude working if he knew anything about the Iron Maiden release and he said "Yeah I think they are releasing something actually" and looked through a bit of records behind the counter and pulled out a glorious copy of Brave New World and let me hold it and look at it.. Made me wait until Friday morning at 9AM own it though.. This place has 3 of them, but out of the 6 store franchise he did say that specific store had the most, which that is by far the largest of the small franchise, especially when it comes on vinyl.. I would bet money the other 5 stores will have 2.. I bet most every store across the US that participates in Record Store Day will have only perhaps 2-3 as there are only 2,500 copies.
I have absolutely no clue what to expect for this.. It certainly is a low key release to say the least.. Being as big of a Maiden fan as myself, I would have never had the slightest clue if I didn't just happen to stumble onto this forum and see this thread after not visiting for several months! I still don't know what type of price to expect though, I completely spaced out asking lol. Idk if these type of releases cost more than usual, so if not perhaps expect about $30..? TBOS was $35 for 3lp on day of release at this store, like $32 on Amazon I thin at the time.
It's also being released THIS Friday!! Not next week..

Yea I figured it would be a low number but I have no idea what the demand is going to be on this. It is a low key release and I don't know if the typical Record Store Day crowd is going to be interested in it anyway.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are people going purely to grab whatever they can to sell on. I certainly got the impression my nearest store only had 1-2 copies of EOTC when that came out.

When EOTC came out judging by the crowd in the record store I went to, either the record buying public have very eclectic musical tastes or much more likely it was dealers grabbing copies of anything the knew they could resell at an inflated price.

There's loads on ebay now.

Record store day me bollix. They restrict the release of this LP to help Record Stores and then the same store owners profiteer on ebay. It's a scam, and I'm ashamed Maiden are a part of this.

It was the same thing with Speed of Light in Best Buy stores and BNW for Fathers Day in HMV, Maiden should make these products available at a fair price on their website instead of limiting supply and letting people fleece fans on ebay.

Got it! I agree that the Record Store Day thing is bullshit, I've never participated until now. This was too good to pass up. It's fine if they want to do something special like the Empire of the Clouds picture disc but Brave New World should really have a wide release. The pricing is pretty ridiculous too. My store was selling it for $35, that's the same amount I paid for TBOS on vinyl. Didn't hear of any stores selling it for less than 30. And of course now people are scalping it on ebay already.

Worth the price though, it's a really beautiful presentation and it sounds great. I hope this is a feeler for reissuing the rest of their catalog on vinyl and maybe we'll get a wide release of everything. Would love a vinyl master of Dance of Death in particular.

I was able to pick this up on Friday afternoon -- my local record store had about a half-dozen. The sound is excellent. The percussion and bass are much punchier, and I hear a more "smiley-faced" EQ than I hear on the CD (i.e., higher bass and treble relative to mid-range). The vinyl was clean and quiet, and the mastering is not overly compressed -- you need to turn up the volume, but if you do, it slays. It was $30, though I got a 10% discount, which meant I still paid about $30 once tax was included. Probably overpriced, but I'm happy with the purchase.

Agree with Cornfed Hick's assessment. I was able to snag the last copy at my local store at 9:55 am, even though the store advertised it wasn't opening until 10 am. Paid $29.99, so not too bad considering you usually get gouged on RSD prices. I also got (and paid way too much for): Alice in Chains Live Facelift, Bob and Doug's McKenzie's 12 Days of Christmas b/w Take Off (featuring Geddy Lee), and Black Love by the Afghan Whigs.

BNW was the only one that didn't disappoint.

does it mention in the liner notes who mastered it? Or is it the same as the original release?

does it mention in the liner notes who mastered it? Or is it the same as the original release?
I don't have it but Chris Bellman did the HMV release so I'm assuming it's the same.

The liner notes don't say. The deadwax doesn't have the "CB" you'd expect to see if it was the Bellman master. It reads "MPO" (the manufacturing plant in France) and has what appears to be a Chinese character or some symbol that combines initials, I can't tell who it is. It sounds good though.

Back