1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blood Brothers

Discussion in 'Brave New World' started by Anonymous, Apr 5, 2004.

?

How good is Blood Brothers on a scale of 1-10?

1. 10

30.3%
  2. 9

18.2%
  3. 8

33.3%
  4. 7

15.2%
  5. 6

3.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

One of the most powerful songs Steve has written. Very dynamic with some really beautiful orchestrations. I've been solidly meh on most of the Maiden orchestrations before and after this song, but here it's really integrated perfectly with the song. One of the best choruses in the Maiden catalog and I love the main melody.

The bridge is incredible. Love the way that builds up and layers. The way the guitar blends with the orchestra is perfect. I also love the guitar solo that comes out of it, again one of the very best. Amazing buildup there.

Finally they bring it all together with the final chorus which is even more immense.

2. Perfect track. Emotional lyrics from Steve and great melodies throughout. Soloing phenomenal. 10/10

3. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Yorktown-class aircraft carrier Staff Member

Better live.

7/10.

4. BeThyJames

BeThyJames Trooper

One of their most powerful tracks lyrically and musically. Incredible tension throughout which builds to each chorus, especially the final chorus. The guitar and keyboard melodies are truly stunning and Jan is immense again. The bit where the solo suddenly picks up pace and volume into the final chorus. Just wow.

5. Poto

Poto Educated Fool

One of my favourite Maiden songs. The lyrics are really powerful and emotional, and the music is just wonderful. Janick does his best solo ever. It's also one of Maiden's finest live songs.

10/10

6. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

10/10

The most personal song on the album is Blood Brothers, a pondering on the relationship between man and fate and also a heartfelt reflection on Steve’s departed father. Although the keyboards feel a bit too obtrusive at times, Blood Brothers is a powerful song. It takes on a new meaning with the reunion of the old members and becomes almost a lyrical pact bonding these musicians together forevermore. The Celtic vibes are strong with this one, especially during the “orchestral” bridge section.

7. Diesel 11

Diesel 11 Come to the Sabbath

First thing I thought of when I heard there was a song called 'Blood Brothers': BONDED BY BLOOD!!! :edmetal::shred::rocker:

This is not that song.

That said, while I was expecting a faster song, what we're given instead works well enough nonetheless. It's slow, moody, and you can tell it's personal. It continues to grow on me, and right now gets an 8/10, though it may be higher sometime down the road.

8. Moonchild

Moonchild Educated Fool

Well, this song is a mirror of current situation in the world. If you ask me, it is very emotional and it should be on their every setlist in a future!
    I am really enjoying this song live!

10/10