Satisfied with the results?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Unknown One

I see the ghost of navigators.
Welcome to the Blind Guardian survivor for 2015! Things will be run in basically the same way as the Priest survivor so the same rules that were there apply here as well. It'll be good to go through their discography, especially with the concert I have coming up in a couple months. There will be a couple of original b-sides, but not covers as BG have a ton of them.

Survivor Rules
  • New albums join the game when there are about 10 songs left in the poll.
  • 2 songs are promoted from each album.
  • Rounds will generally last 2 days, but a round where a new album is included in the poll will be 3 or 4 days.
  • Generally songs that have more than 50% of votes will be eliminated up to around about 5 songs per round, but this can change depending on the amount of votes and how the votes pan out at my discretion.
Voting
  • From the beginning until the last album round, there will be unlimited votes.
  • From the start of the quarterfinals until the last round of the semifinals, there will be 4 votes maximum.
  • Top 10 to top 6 are 3 votes maximum.
  • Top 5 and top 4 are 2 votes maximum.
  • Top 3 until the end is 1 vote only.
Tiebreakers
  • In any round up until the top 10, I will use the below tiebreaker methods. Top 10 will have their own tiebreaker rounds and if songs are still tied, then I will use tiebreaker methods.
  1. Number of votes for each song in the previous round
  2. Number of votes for each song in the previous 5 rounds
  3. Average number of votes for each song in every round
Majesty - Semis
Guardian of the Blind - Quarters

Banish From Sanctuary - Semis
Valhalla - Quarters

Tales From the Twilight World

Theatre of Pain - Quarters
Somewhere Far Beyond - Semis

The Script for My Requiem - Quarters
Bright Eyes - Semis

Nightfall in Middle Earth

Precious Jerusalem - Semis
Harvest of Sorrow - Semis

Otherland - Semis
Skalds & Shadows - Quarters

Sacred Worlds - Semis
Curse My Name - Semis

Last edited:
I can tell this game is going to go swimmingly (cause I love one of the instrumentals). ::)

Gonna try and join in on this one. Just listened to both albums and voted. Forgot to click Gandalf btw, not that it matters. :p

Sorry, still new to this power metal thing. :p Couldn't get into that chorus.

I haven't heard these albums in a while. I've given them one play each, and it's easy to pick out the good songs. I'll give them one more spin tomorrow and settle on how many of the "lesser" songs to vote for.

I really need to start listening to these. Maybe I will look for somewhere to buy headphones on my lunch break.

Good, because I literally have not had a chance to listen to any music in the last week.

I wouldn't mind taking part at some point, but I've listened to very little Blind Guardian. Might have to catch up.

I wouldn't mind taking part at some point, but I've listened to very little Blind Guardian. Might have to catch up.

...They made a video for Mr.Sandman if that's of any interest? This track was my first exposure to the band :D Never listened to much Blind Guardian after that, don't know why.

Batallions of Fear >>> Follow the Blind

The latter is more trashy, less melodic.

I wouldn't say "trashy" myself, but there's less variety to the sound. Like all bands, early experimentation before falling into their formula. (Which still doesn't arrive in full till the next album.)

Back