BLAZE singing Wasted Years

I didn't like it at all; Blaze butchered the whole song (and I'm usually far from a Blaze-basher).  There's none of the emotion that Bruce puts into the song, and Blaze's singing seems off key at times too.

Considering how high Bruce sings this song, i was expecting Blaze to suck at this, but on this clip he actually seems to be doing a good job  :ok:

Haha, stumbled across this just now. What a surprise. Blaze sounds pretty good, I think. They´ve transposed the song a whole step down do D minor. I think it´s a proof that Blaze could have sounded a lot better on old Maiden stuff if the band were willing to transpose some of their tracks for him.

For reference, the band is doing that thing that Iron Maiden never did to help Blaze out.

Altostratus said:
Haha, stumbled across this just now. What a surprise. Blaze sounds pretty good, I think. They´ve transposed the song a whole step down do D minor. I think it´s a proof that Blaze could have sounded a lot better on old Maiden stuff if the band were willing to transpose some of their tracks for him.

I thought about that, but I can't really see that they did that.
Mabye they did and I just don't remember the original that well, but I would think that he would sound good if they did that.

What's that Loose?

Oh.

Well yeah. The only thing is, Bruce can handle it: Blaze can't even handle D.
Maybe he should just sing an octave lower.

Maiden Heaven said:
i've always hated Blaze Bayley, this just makes me hate him more

Wow, you hate someone because they were in a band you liked? You're pretty crazy.

Was it really necessary to bump this thread to bash Blaze?

That post clearly offends rules of behavior on this forum. I appeal to mods that this user gets banned.
You just cannot come to this board and write blatant hate comments about any of the (ex) band members.

LooseCannon said:
Was it really necessary to bump this thread to bash Blaze?

I assume this last question was directed at Snake.

Dear Snake, Blaze can sing what he wants. If he wants to sing lower, he can do that. He knows his range, and therefore he sings it lower.

I'm glad the thread got bumped, if only to say that despite the song being sung much lower, Blaze still shows respect for Maiden, which includes covering older Maiden material.  As far as singing is concerned, the emotion is there, clearly.  Blaze just can't get his voice higher.  I don't fault him for that.  He and Maiden new his strengths.  I'm mean I just voted 'Blood on the World's Hands' as the best song beginning with letter 'B'.

You know, now that you mention it, Blaze did sound a bit drunk live (both times I've seen him), but I think that's just his singing/performing style.

Back