Blaze on the Bruce Dickinson rock show... again!

Forostar said:
Damn, finally a good drummer behind the kit again! Thanks for the link!

I know! And a good guitarist too!  That drummer really puts the kick behind the new song.

It was better being there in person  :p
Yes, the new drummer is great, I believe hes also a member of the IMFC too and is the one who runs Blaze's myspace page. I caught him accidentally dropping his sticks when warming up, lol. Great drummer, the whole band seems to get on great and are totally having a lot of fun  playing. Not sure about the new guitarist though, because I was on the wrong side of the stage, I do know he only played a couple of solos, with Nick taking most of them, perhaps theyre going for a lead and rythmn setup rather than dual leads?
Edit: Actually, thinking about it, its probably because the new guitarist doesn't know Blaze's songs as well yet, so won't be able to do the solos yet as well as Nick.

Ardius said:
It was better being there in person  :p
Yes, the new drummer is great, I believe hes also a member of the IMFC too and is the one who runs Blaze's myspace page. I caught him accidentally dropping his sticks when warming up, lol. Great drummer, the whole band seems to get on great and are totally having a lot of fun  playing. Not sure about the new guitarist though, because I was on the wrong side of the stage, I do know he only played a couple of solos, with Nick taking most of them, perhaps theyre going for a lead and rythmn setup rather than dual leads?
Edit: Actually, thinking about it, its probably because the new guitarist doesn't know Blaze's songs as well yet, so won't be able to do the solos yet as well as Nick.

Yeah, the drummer is great and is also a funny guy.

As for the new guitarist, Jay Walsh, I asked him why he played only one solo during the entire gig, he said that Nico Bermudez knew all of the solos, and that because of that  there wasn't much point in him learning the solos, since he'll soon be playing half of the solos from the new album anyway.

Looks like the interview with Blaze has been postponed until later... probably until closer to the album release.

Blaze Bayley and Lauren Harris were Bruce Dickinson's guests earlier tonight (Friday, July 4) during Bruce's weekly BBC 6 Music radio show, aptly named "The Bruce Dickinson Friday Rock Show".

bruce-with-blaze4u.jpg

:)

Listen to a replay of the program at:

BBC.co.uk

Holy crap.  When "Robot" started to come on, I thought please please let it be Blaze.  And when the singing came in I started triumphantly headbanging.

I can't wait till my pre-order arrives.

Blaze Bayley started his musical career as the lead vocalist of Tamworth heavy metal/hard rock band Wolfsbane, upon their formation in 1984. When Bruce Dickinson departed fellow English heavy metal band Iron Maiden in 1993, Bayley was chosen as his replacement in 1994 after hundreds of auditions. His depature from Wolfsbane led to their disbandment later on that year. After a bad motorcycle accident caused by losing control and clipping his knee on a catseye in the road, which put him out of action for a year, his first album with Maiden was The X Factor, released in 1995. Bayley went on to tour with the band in support of the album. Another Iron Maiden album with Bayley on vocals, Virtual XI was released in 1998.
The two Iron Maiden albums released during Bayley's time in the band did not chart as well as that to which the band were accustomed. The X Factor peaked at #8 on the UK Albums Chart and Virtual XI hit only #16, both being the lowest charting Maiden studio albums since Killers was released in 1981, which peaked at #12. Some of this comparative commercial failure could be attributed to fans disliking Blaze's singing style and tours being cut short due to Bayley's frequent sickness.[citation needed]In February 1999, when Iron Maiden announced that vocalist Bruce Dickinson was returning to the band, Bayley departed by mutual consent, and he remains on good terms with his former bandmates. Iron Maiden occasionally performed songs from the two Maiden albums featuring Bayley, including "Man on the Edge" and "Futureal", which he co-wrote, though no Bayley era songs have been on the band's set list since 2003. Likewise, Bayley has performed Iron Maiden songs originally recorded by the Dickinson and Paul Di'Anno led line-ups at some concerts.

That IP is not from Malaysia. It's from somewhere far, far more....uh...not good.

You didn't even click the link. :(

But I don't see anything wrong with Pakistan.

Back