1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blaze Bayley

Discussion in 'Solo/Side Project Discussion' started by Anonymous, Mar 13, 2006.

1. SixesAlltheway

SixesAlltheway Yacht Rock

5 shows in Finland? OK ....Maybe it's possible to persuade some promoter to book him for Denmark too...

2. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

If only the Newcastle date was a weekend I'd be there like a shot. Trillians is tiny! It's more like a bar which happens to have a small stage at one side.

3. Niall Kielt

Niall Kielt Pulled Her At The Bottle Top

Tickets bought for Ballymena gig, plus passage on the booze fuelled bus to get us there from Belfast. Thank fuck i saw this post, there were only 3 spaces left on the bus.

4. Travis The Dragon

Travis The Dragon SCREAM FOR ME MINNESOTA!!!

Sadly, since he doesn't draw very well, it's not surprising that he is playing bars like that.

5. Travis The Dragon

The Trinity tour has started. Blaze sounds pretty good doing classic Maiden.

6. terrell39

terrell39 Ancient Mariner

7. GhostofCain

GhostofCain Ancient Mariner

Is it just my ears or are those Maiden songs downtuned?

8. Travis The Dragon

They could be downtuned a bit. I don't care as long as it helps Blaze to sound good.

9. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

Big chance. Blood Brothers was also downtuned when he recorded it recently.

10. GhostofCain

Fair enough, although I still do not particularly like how he sings those songs. This tour has to be one of the most bizarre decisions he has ever made if he is trying to promote his solo career in the USA.

11. Travis The Dragon

It was actually Tate's idea since it's his band who is backing the singers. Blaze and Ripper did guest vocals on his new album so that's the reason for this.

12. GhostofCain

Blaze could have always said no, couldn't he?

13. Perun

Perun At the Heart of Winter Staff Member

To be fair, he's tried everything else to promote it, and it didn't work.

14. Yax

Yax Ancient Mariner

Blaze has to make a living as well, and quite frankly, they are playing to a slightly larger audience than he usually does on his solo tours. I bet it's far more enjoyable.
    I don't really see anything particularly wrong with this particular case.

I wish Steve and Maiden would've tuned down with Blaze, back in the day. This does sounds good.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  15. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

I actually don't think this tour is a bad idea at all. The setlist is a bit disappointing, I thought every singer would get their own set, not share one set. I also have no interest in hearing Ripper Owens or Blaze sing Priest and Maiden songs sung by other singers. But the idea itself was good, it's a solid bill. If it came to Denver I would've been tempted to check it out.

Forostar likes this.
  16. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

Good idea. Indeed, he tried many other things. Now this. I'd go if it'd be near.

17. Night Prowler

Night Prowler ɹǝlʍoɹԀ ʇɥƃᴉN Staff Member

Cabaret tour, I wouldn't go.

18. Yax

Yax Ancient Mariner

This? hardly.

This is a cabaret tour:

[​IMG]

19. Perun

Perun At the Heart of Winter Staff Member

In the sense of performing original material, hardly.

In the sense of an abomination... well...

20. GhostofCain

This tour screams "Bunch of has-beens in the worse cabaret tradition"
    To be honest, tours like this makes DiAnno look good. At least he is only singing the songs he originally sang with the band.

Of course Blaze has to make a living; I just think tours like this do his solo career no good.

Night Prowler likes this.