Blaze Bayley tourdates - includes acoustic(!) gigs

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
Blaze Bayley has scheduled the following dates:

Aug. 24 - Patriot Games Rock Festival @ Monmouth Showground - Monmouth, UK (acoustic)
Sep. 09 - Rock Of Ages Festival at The Palace - Tamworth, UK
Sep. 15 - Little Civic - Wolverhampton, UK (acoustic)
Sep. 16 – [to be announced] - UK (acoustic)
Sep. 17 - Wrexham Station - Wrexham, UK (acoustic)
Sep. 18 - Camden Underworld - London, UK (acoustic)
Nov. 23 - Rio - Leeds, UK
Nov. 25 - Bierkeller - Bristol, UK
Dec. 08 - Z7 - Pratteln, SWI (Big Bash 2007)
Dec. 15 - JBs - Dudley, UK (Big Bash 2007)

(I don't see the 18+ boattrip (24 hours), which should start from Stockholm, on the 18th October.)

More dates:

Sep. 09 - Rock Of Ages Festival at The Palace - Tamworth, UK
Sep. 13 - The Rigger - Stoke, UK (acoustic)
Sep. 14 - The Twist - Colchester, UK
Sep. 15 - Little Civic - Wolverhampton, UK (acoustic)
Sep. 16 - Toms Bar - Pontypridd, UK (acoustic)
Sep. 17 - Wrexham Station - Wrexham, UK (acoustic)
Sep. 18 - CC Club - London, UK (acoustic)
Sep. 22 - Sawyers - Kettering, UK
Sep. 28 - The Junktion7 - Nottingham, UK
Sep. 29 - Night Owl - Cheltenham, UK (acoustic)
Sep. 30 - TBA - Cardiff, UK (acoustic)
Oct. 18 - Sweden Rock Cruise - Sweden
Nov. 23 - Rio - Leeds, UK
Nov. 25 - Bierkeller - Bristol, UK
Dec. 08 - Z7 - Pratteln, Switzerland (Big Bash 2007)
Dec. 15 - JBs - Dudley, UK (Big Bash 2007)
Dec. 27 - [to be announced] - Swindon, UK (acoustic)
Dec. 30 - Madhouse - Birmingham, UK (acoustic)

James Allman of Baconmusic reports that former IRON MAIDEN vocalist Blaze Bayley performed acoustically Thursday night (September 13) in the backstreets of Newcastle Under-Lyme, in Bayley's home county of Staffordshire. The gig consisted of Blaze Bayley on vocals and new guitarist Rich Newport on electro-acoustic guitar. The setlist was made up of five WOLFSBANE songs, five BLAZE songs, and five IRON MAIDEN songs — three of which were from Blaze's time with the band, and two from the Dickinson era.

01. Temple of Rock
02. Totally Nude
03. Hey Babe
04. Lord of The Flies(!)
05. Sign of the Cross(!)
06. Regret
07. Tenth Dimension
08. Meant to Be
09. Wasted Years(!)
10. The Trooper(!)
11. I Like It Hot
12. Paint The Town Red
13. Man On The Edge(!)
14. Soundtrack of My Life
15. Blood and Belief

Review (and photos --> http://www.baconmusic.co.uk/content/liv ... 13-09-2007 ):

BLAZE BAYLEY's first ever acoustic show took place in a small pub in the backstreets of Newcastle Under-Lyme, in Bayley's home county of Staffordshire - this was as intimate as it gets. As Bayley explained during his set, the 'My Life in Acoustic' tour is a medium for promoting his band's new live DVD 'Alive in Poland', and just a chance to get out and relieve his state of being (in his own words) "bored shitless".

The gig consists of Blaze Bayley on vocals and new guitarist Rich Newport on electro acoustic guitar. It all has the feel of 'an evening' with Blaze as between each song he tells a story and cracks a few jokes with the audience. The overwhelming thing about this gig was just how much Blaze enjoyed himself tonight, and a decent turn out lapped up every minute, giving the ex-IRON MAIDEN star a terrific response.

The setlist was made up of 5 WOLFSBANE songs, 5 BLAZE songs, and 5 IRON MAIDEN songs - 3 of which were from Blaze's time with the band, and 2 from the Dickinson era. The Maiden fanatics will have loved 'Wasted Years' which worked brilliantly in acoustic and is a song that Blaze never performed with Maiden. 'Sign of the Cross' was ambitious, but despite a few 'first gig' timing errors, it was surprisingly rather good.

The WOLFSBANE material was really fun to hear and helped instigate the great light-hearted atmosphere that surrounded the night. The crowd sing-a-longs to 'I Like it Hot' and 'Paint The Town Red' were quite humorous, as was Rich Newport's tendency to drift off into the Batman theme now and again. Newport's acoustic play was magnificent and he very much played his part in making this night a special one.

Amazingly, no songs were played from BLAZE's first and best solo album 'Silicon Messiah' (surely the title track and 'Stare at the Sun' would have worked well). 'Tenth Dimension' was just about the only song that didn't sound right with some frenetic acoustic guitaring - but the likes of 'Meant to Be' and 'Regret' sounded fantastic.

This was a thoroughly enjoyable night of no frills acoustic music. If you get the chance to catch a show on this tour - make sure you don't miss it.

BLAZE BAYLEY Setlist: Temple of Rock / Totally Nude / Hey Babe / Lord of The Flies / Sign of the Cross / Regret / Tenth Dimension / Meant to Be / Wasted Years / The Trooper / I Like It Hot / Paint The Town Red / Man On The Edge / Soundtrack of My Life / Blood and Belief

Rating 4.7/5.0
James Allman

BLAZE BAYLEY To Headline CLIVEAID Event In London - Oct. 4, 2007 

Former IRON MAIDEN/WOLFSBANE singer Blaze Bayley will headline the Cliveaid event on October 27 at Bar Monsta in Camden, London, England. Also appearing on the bill are CONSPIRATORS (featuring Robin Guy) and BEHOLDER. 

He played an acoustic gig yesterday in the Maya Pub in Zadar (Croatia). He started at about midnight, the gig lasted until 2 AM thanks to Rich Newport who kept playing other songs while Blaze was tired, but sang them nevertheless. :yey:

Here's the setlist:

Temple of Rock
Totally Nude
Hey Babe
Lord of the Flies
Sign of the Cross
Regret
Wasted Years
The Trooper
Tenth Dimension
Meant to Be
Paint the Town Red
Soundtrack of my Life
----- planned encore
Man on the Edge

----- unplanned encore
2 AM
Futureal
Como Estais Amigos (he said that they never played this song and if it turned out bad, that we better keep our mouths shut - but it turned out really great, one of the best songs of the evening)
Paranoid
Virus
Stare at the Sun
When Two Worlds Collide (at this point he said they ran out of songs that they rehearsed and that he'll play or Wasted Years or Man on the Edge)
Wasted Years

Before Man on the Edge, he told a story of how he had stepped in dog shite when he went to Steve Harris' house for the first time to work on songs for the X-Factor, and how he thought Steve would get mad. But he didn't, of course. :D

After the song 2 AM, we realised that it's easier to ask Rich Newport (who was in a very good mood) for songs, so he started playing them and the tired Blaze didn't have a choice but to sing along. The crowd was great, later he told us that he was very happy with the reaction.

Tomorrow he's going to Serbia - Novi Sad and the next day Belgrade.

I'll upload some pictures later.

Yeah, thanks :) I only wish that Blaze will come to the Czech Republic someday. It is nice to read that they played more than planned, now I can believe Blaze's words about doing music for fans :) Iron Maiden stick to their setlist, but I understand that they are very exhausted at the end so no problem with it :) (Geez, Blaze - Prague! - overhere, please! *crossing fingers*)

Here are some of the pictures, I'm still waiting for my friend to send me some better ones.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa10 ... AZE016.jpg
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa10 ... AZE009.jpg
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa10 ... AZE008.jpg
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa10 ... C-0027.jpg
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa10 ... AZE014.jpg

By the way - I know the guy who made these Croatian/Serbian gigs possible. And he says it was real easy, he contacted the management via planetblaze.com, paid the money, arranged the airplane and that was it. He also says that it didn't cost a lot of money (there were about 150-200 people in the pub, the admission was only 7 euro (!!!)) and he says that it paid off, and he even earned a little bit. So, the moral of this story is - if someone's willing to get him, it's not a problem.

Nice :) Well, if I had a pub or something, I would have considered inviting Blaze to it. Maybe I could try to talk someone to do it :)

Gul Ranek missed 2 songs in Zadar setlist:

Look for the truuth and Kill & Destroy

I know that Blaze in serbia was do some new songs like Clansman :)

on www.rising-dream.net website look news section and blaze pictures from party with Rising Dream band. Rising Dream and Blaze will cooperate in future (touring together and pssssst. you wil know soon) :innocent:

Back