Black Sabbath @ Ozzfest?

Eddie's Lil Helper

Ancient Mariner
BLACK SABBATH are rumored to be reuniting for this year's Ozzfest, and according to guitarist Tony Iommi, a SABBATH set at this year's festival is not out of the question. "I've heard that rumor as well, and there is negotiations at the moment," Iommi told Launch Radio Networks. "As yet, we've not reached a settlement, but there is talk about it. I think it's great, and I would've liked to have done it last year and the year before, you know, but we didn't."

It is not presently clear whether BLACK SABBATH would be a new addition to the tour, or whether they'd take the place of OZZY OSBOURNE's solo set.

A BLACK SABBATH box set, called "Black Box: The Complete Original Black Sabbath (1970-1978)" comes out April 27. It comes with remastered versions of the first eight SABBATH albums, as well as a DVD with some live performances.

An update on the matter from Rob Halford:

"ROB HALFORD of the recently reunited JUDAS PRIEST, who are co-headlining Ozzfest 2004, told Launch Radio Networks that the idea of a BLACK SABBATH reunion at this year's traveling festival makes sense to him. "It's brand new news to me, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it happened," he said in an interview conducted Tuesday (March 30). "It just seems like, why wouldn't, why shouldn't it happen? But then, my God, can you imagine Judas Priest and Black Sabbath? It's just too mad to think about."

Black Sabbath guitarist Tony Iommi confirmed to Launch Monday (March 29) that a Sabbath set at this year's Ozzfest was not out of the question. "I've heard that rumor as well," Iommi said. "As yet, we've not reached a settlement, but there is talk about it."

It's not clear whether Sabbath would actually replace Ozzy as the headliner, or if the show would be split between an Ozzy solo set and a SABBATH set.

As previously reported, word has it that Black Sabbath bassist Geezer Butler has reportedly replaced Rob Blasko of ROB ZOMBIE fame in Ozzy Osbourne's solo group.

Ozzfest runs from July 10th to September 4th encompassing 26 shows."

Back