Best/Worst Iron Maiden albums by Track Position - DONE

Which is the BEST Last Track among these?

• Mother Russia

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • 2 A.M.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Age of Innocence

• The Unbeliever

• Drifter

• Judas Be My Guide

• Journeyman

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Twilight Zone

• Fear of the Dark

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • The Legacy

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • The Thin Line Between Love and Hate

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

valacirca

Trooper
EDIT: Mods, it might be better to just leave this at a 1-vote maximum setting. Waiting for a mod to Toggle the setting back and forth would end up being confusing.

The idea is to vote for the best Track #1... then the best Track #2... then the best Track #3... and so on and so forth until we've completed a "best" track list based on track position.

All albums have at least 8 tracks so there will be 15 choices until Track #8. Let's just see how to proceed once were past that.

There will be a second round of voting if necessary, meaning if multiple tracks are in a close race for the lead.

Take note that "Perfect" is in quotation marks, so let's not debate about the perfectness of the resulting track list. Let's just have fun :D

BEST Album Results:
1 - Aces High (Powerslave)
2 - Infinite Dreams (Seventh Son of a Seventh Son)
3 - Brave New World (Brave New World)
4 - The Clansman (Virtual XI)
5 - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (Seventh Son of a Seventh Son)
6 - Stranger in a Strange Land (Somewhere in Time)
7 - Powerslave (Powerslave)
8 - Paschendale (Dance of Death)
9 - Hallowed Be Thy Name (The Number of the Beast)
10 - When the Wild Wind Blows (The Final Frontier)

2nd BEST Album Results:
1 - Sign of the Cross (The X Factor)
2 - Revelations (Piece of Mind)
3 - Brighter Than a Thousand Suns (A Matter of Life and Death)
4 - The Evil That Men Do (Seventh Son of a Seventh Son)
5 - Phantom of the Opera (Iron Maiden)
6 - Isle of Avalon (The Final Frontier)
7 - Starblind (The Final Frontier)
8 - Rime of the Ancient Mariner (Powerslave)
9 - To Tame A Land (Piece of Mind)
10 - Fear of the Dark (Fear of the Dark)

WORST Album Results:
1 - Tailgunner (No Prayer for the Dying)
2 - The Angel and the Gambler (Virtual XI)
3 - Losfer Words (Big 'Orra) (Powerslave)
4 - Fear Is the Key (Fear of the Dark)
5 - Fates Warning (No Prayer for the Dying)
6 - The Assassin (No Prayer for the Dying)
7 - Don't Look to the Eyes of a Stranger (Virtual XI)
8 - Chains of Misery (Fear of the Dark)
9 -The Apparition (Fear of the Dark)
10 - Weekend Warrior (Fear of the Dark)

Re: Building the "Perfect" Iron Maiden album by Track # (Now voting on Track #1)

Reincarnation_Of_Owen_C said:
Sign OF The CRoss
Caught Somewhere In Time
Would be the correct answer.

Honorable mentions go to... the rest of the choices!

Re: Building the "Perfect" Iron Maiden album by Track # (Now voting on Track #1)

Aces High & Be Quick Or Be Dead

It's so unfair to not vote on some, but choices got to be made.

Prowler
Caught Somewhere In Time

Sign of the Cross
Moonchild

Seeing the early trend... I'm considering that we might end up needing 2 rounds per position/track number :)

Aces High and Caught Somewhere in Time.

If there was a 3ª vote option I'd say Sign of the Cross, but almost all the openers songs are strong.

It's not even that I like Moonchild more than I do Aces High. I just love it as an intro.

I always felt that Aces High was their perfect opening song - not only for the album, but also for concerts.

I actually voted for two Blaze songs.  Sign of the Cross is just such a beautiful song that I can't justify taking any 4-minute rocker over it.  I also LOVE Futureal, it is probably the most energetic Maiden album opener.  It's shame the rest of the album with a few exceptions doesn't keep up.

I find that if you actually press people about VXI, they'll admit that The Clansman is great, Futureal is good, The Educated Fool is pretty neat, and if TAATG was shorter it'd be a decent rock song, which.....is usually a lot better than you get off NPFTD or FOTD.

LooseCannon said:
I find that if you actually press people about VXI, they'll admit that The Clansman is great, Futureal is good, The Educated Fool is pretty neat, and if TAATG was shorter it'd be a decent rock song, which.....is usually a lot better than you get off NPFTD or AMOLAD.

The Educated Fool has good parts, but there are some parts that really annoy me.  Como Estais Amigos is great, but IMO 3/8 is not that good.  I rate Virtual with No Prayer and Fear of the Dark usually.  No Prayer is actually really consistent and there are usually no songs I want to actively skip, which I can not say for Virtual or Fear. 

This is a frickin toughie.  I went with Caught Somewhere in Time and Moonchild.

Aces High and Caught Somewhere in Time.

Close but no cigar: Tailgunner, The Wickerman

Sign of the Cross is the best song that opens an album.
Aces High is the best album opener.
Glad I get two votes.

As for Virtual XI, it's worth owning for the Clansman alone.
I don't have to be pressed to agree with LC's take on his four, except I flat out like TAATG, 423-times-repeated chorus and all, and I love TEF.
Add Como Estais Amigo as another strong track — Blaze sounds great — and you still get an album that ranks in the band's bottom five.

I just realized that even if I reset the poll and narrow down the choices to Aces High, Caught Somewhere in Time & Sign of the Cross... there's no way to change the number of votes allowed from two to one.

So it's either I create a new thread to serve as the "Tiebreak/Round 2 Thread" for each track position where only one vote is allowed for the poll... or I just choose the outright winner from the poll above whether or not the race is really tight between multiple songs.

Back