Votes: 12 9.2%
  • Brave New World

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Dance Of Death

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • The Final Frontier

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
I voted for FotD quite some time ago but now I believe it to be even with Seventh Son. You might think I overrate FotD but for me it's an amazingly powerful song that keeps very interesting throughout the whole seven minutes. Acoustic parts, octave playing on guitars, amazing solos that fit right into where they are, silent vocals, then rough vocals. It's not something I listen to often but I still love it, the major drawback could be not-that-good production.

For me, it has to be NOTB, just for Bruce's epic wail in the intro, and the extremely awesome guitar riff in the middle. Also, it still sounds superb live to this day and still stands out as my favourite Maiden song ever. Its definitely a metal song that will stand the test of time, despite its controversial nature

Powerslave comes in a very close second, as it is still a kick-ass song. The riff at the start is probably one the best i've ever heard, as well as the change of melodies throughout. Its a shame they don't really play it live much. I've only really known it to be played on the World Slavery and Somewhere Back in Time Tours.

I was this close to voting for Seventh Son, which I absolutely love, but in the end I went with "Fear of the Dark." Though I think SSOASS is the most solid Maiden album ever recorded, "Fear of the Dark" is Maiden in one song. If someone said, "What does Iron Maiden sound like?" I would play them "Fear of the Dark."

I voted for Dance of Death a while ago, but Seventh Son and Brave New World are just as great. I'd throw Powerslave in there too if the rest of the song was as amazing as the middle section.

Tough question, I went with "Dance of Death" - a wonderful narrative epic that's a real killer live. Until recently, I would have gone with "Fear of the Dark", but DoD has now overtaken it.

Lots of people voting for "Powerslave", but that would be a few more places down the list for me (if I made a list, that is...)

After being dead set on SSOASS to begin with I drifted to Powerslave. I can see my top ten getting a revamp very soon...

On the contrary, I voted Seventh Son way back when, but I think I'd go for Powerslave nowadays.

Powerslave is the track and album i put on if i am more hyper tbh. It seems like the heaviest album to me. Music is moods imo.

Powerslave with Killers sligtly below.
  1. Powerslave
  2. Killers
  3. The Book Of Souls
  4. The Number Of The Beast
  5. Seventh Son
  6. The Final Frontier
  7. Dance Of Death
  8. Fear Of The Dark
  9. Iron Maiden
  10. Brave New World
  11. No Prayer For The Dying

Last edited:
“The Number Of The Beast”, no question for me.
Although it's not my pic, TNOTB is one of my top 20 songs and I'll go further: it's the song that better depicts what Maiden is all about, the ideal song to introduce somone to the band.

Back