The Number of the Beast
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
Brave New World
The Final Frontier
Killers
Dance of Death
No Prayer for the Dying

I have a tough time choosing between Powerslave and Seventh Son. But ah well, I gotta go with Powerslave, one of my favs of all time, purely epic tune

Caught Somewhere In Time should be a title track, but ah well. My favourite is my favourite overall Maiden song, Powerslave. It just encapsulates what the album is all about with some utterly sublime and beautiful guitar work, evoking ancient Egypt from the very first chord to the last.

Killers a very close second; there's something so visceral and punky about DiAnno Maiden and this track is the epitome of that.

From the list, I had to pick TNOTB, but I think adding The Final Frontier would make it a more difficult choice...

Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

This song grabbed from the first moment I heard it. Just fantastic from beginning til the end.

It's so funny that I a-l-m-o-s-t went with 'Powerslave'. And it is way in the lead.
And Bruce's vocals in the background are the epitome of awesome.

But, for freshness sake as well as clean, new awesomeness, I went with 'BRAVE NEW WORLD'.

As much as I do love Powerslave (best on the album for me), Dance of Death takes it.

Damnit I keep doing this.. I've just checked my (what little I have) rankings for songs... Powerslave is above DoD yet I judge DoD to be a better piece! Found the same last night ... my track ordering for DoD (album) had them in 1 order, but they were in a different order in my overall list.... making lists at different times is awkward, just changing track is enough to make me go "Damn this track needs to be higher", by the end of an album I look back and think "meh opener wasn't great" then get back to the start and go "... fck". Also I think I've done one on "I love this song" type rating and one on 'musicial composition'.... I need to find some consistency!!

Gotta go with Dance of Death, a powerful epic. I also love the No Prayer For The Dying song (probably the best song on that album), along with 7th Son.

Back