• Dance Of Death

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • The Final Frontier

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
Was this one done before?

I know some people see "Caught Somewhere In Time" as a title track, but I rather leave it out. Maiden never mentioned it as a title track, besides the word "Caught" isn't there for nothing, to make a difference.

Please cast your vote!

Gotta be Powerslave. :D
As a thematic song it's just perfect. And who doesn't love the solos ?  :yey:
And good ol' Bruce's pharaoh get up!

Hey Forostar, may I suggest representing Piece Of Mind can be Still Life as its "Title Track", I don't know about The X Factor, Futureal for Virtual XI, and for A Matter Of Life And Death may be These Colours Don't Run? To me they're the closest as title tracks :D

I thought about it, Mmm...Donuts, because of its lyrics, but still, I really can't make a title track of it. Of none you mention, to be honest, but I guess you want to have songs from all albums, to choose from.

By they way, I'm not sure, but some people might be interested in the following.:

I remember that Nicko McBrain was interview in 1995 @ MTV's Headbanger's Ball. He got a question about the title "The X-Factor". He said that the band had different ideas before they came up with this title.

One of them was "Bloody World's Hands" (coming from "Blood On The World's Hands"). He might have mentioned another option, but I'm not sure about it, at least I don't remember it.

Forostar, you're always perfect to come up with polls where I can't choose!

Here, it's a tie between Killers, The Number Of The Beast, Powerslave, No Prayer For The Dying and Brave New World, with the others coming in very close too.

I am sort of angling between Fear of the Dark and Dance of Death - they have to be the best two. The former being a staple diet for the live show and the later being a great story that gives the listener a nice little mental trip.

However, I used to love Number of the Beast then sort of grew a little tired of it - until I got the re-released enhanced CD version and saw the live version at Brixton '02. Now I love it again. :D

But then again, Killers has one of Maidens very best intros and that deserves a massive mention.

The rest are very good to good but as I feel the pressure on my arm as it forced further up my back, twisted to hell - I will vote rather swiftly for Dance of Death. ;)

EDIT: Who else has voted for Dance of Death - with not even a post to say so?

If we're talking live, here, then FotD wins outright.  I'll assume we mean studio versions, so I'll go by that, in which case FotD is not so strong anymore.

The Number of the Beast is a great track, as is Killers (and BNW), but for me, Seventh Son wins it.  The whole thing is so friggin' EPIC.  That acoustic section in the middle...creepy.  And the solo section...instantly memorable, and the whole song works into a giant climax, up until the final chord.  Excellent.

Very hard list to choose from as all the songs listed are excellent, both studio versions and in concert. I went for Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, it's such an epic song and the way it builds up, slows in the middle and finishes makes it a classic Maiden track.

It's too tough for me. I absolutely LOVE SSOASS! But Dance Of Death is real good too.

Caught Somewhere In Time is *almost* the title track...I would have voted for that

I'm going w/SSOASS

I'm going with Killers, though I agree there are too many good choices.  Agree with Raven that if we could vote for the Rock In Rio version of FotD, that might vault to #1.  Interesting that the ultimate title track, "Iron Maiden," has garnered no votes and no discussion. 

EDIT:  It's not eligible for the poll for obvious reasons, but I think it is worth mentioning that "The Chemical Wedding" is right up there with the best of these. 

Powerslave is my fav Maiden song.  It just has the solos and feel, as well as long the longest break down ending ever?

Already the second impossible poll that I have to answer today.  :eek:  How can I possibly choose between Fear of the Dark, Brave New World, Dance of Death, and Killers?

In the end, I guess I'd have to say Brave New World, but just because it's the first I thought of  :D

Tell me why I have to be a powerslave.  I don't wanna die, I'm a god, why can't I live on?

That's right, there is only one rival to the almighty Powerslave, and it ain't no title track.

Back