Best Maiden Song

Iron_colts said:
1 question for everyone ...
Is anything we can do to make Iron Maiden  play "Alexander The Great" next tour?

Mass suicide.  You first.

True Hall of Fame material. Cruel, witty.... a hint of truth. All of the qualities a Hall of Fame post requires.

My first post...

Top 10..

1. Halowed Be Thy Name
2. Fear Of The Dark
3. Caught Somewhere In Time
4. Children Of The Damned
5. Phantom Of The Opera
6. For The Greater Good Of God
7. Infinite Dreams
8. Sign Of The Cross
9. Powerslave
10. Where Eagles Dare

A top ten, but not a definitive one. It may be different if i do another.

1) Hallowed be thy Name
2) Caught Somewhere in Time
3) The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner
4) The Evil That Men Do
5) The Trooper
6) Phantom of the Opera
7) Purgatory
8 ) Montsegur
9) The Greater Good of God
10) Aces High

I can't choose just one.....I'll post the songs which I enjoy the most

30.Rainmaker
29.Heaven Can Wait
28.Flight Of Icarus
27.Revelations
26.Wrathchild
25.Running Free
24.Prowler
23.Transylvania
22.Iron Maiden
21.Can I Play With Madness?
20.Infinite Dreams
19.The Wicker Man
18.Ghost of the Navigator
17.Powerslave
16.Aces High
15.2 Minutes to Midnight
14.Alexander the Great
13.Caught Somewhere In Time
12.Where Eagles Dare
11.Run to the Hills
10.The Number of the Beast
9.Moonchild
8.Wasted Years
7.The Clairvoyant
6.Phantom of the Opera
5.The Trooper
4.The Evil That Men Do
3.Fear of the Dark
2.Rime of the Ancient Mariner
1.Hallowed Be Thy Name

I really don't like the Blaze Bayley era :(

So hard to choose just one really. One of the things that I find astonishing about Maiden, is that my favorite song seems to change alot and I've never had that happen with any other band that I've liked. I suppose that speaks to the awesomeness that is Iron Maiden.

For the longest time it was "Hallowed be Thy Name". Then it was "The Wicker Man". Then it was "Can I Play with Madness?". Then it was "Killers".

Currently I'd have to go with "The Clansman". I know it's a Blaze track and alot of people seem to scoff if you dare mention something off of Virtual XI or The X Factor, but man it's an epic song.

Goose said:
Currently I'd have to go with "The Clansman". I know it's a Blaze track and alot of people seem to scoff if you dare mention something off of Virtual XI or The X Factor, but man it's an epic song.

The Clansman is one of my favourite songs too.  Besides, here, most people like the Blaze albums.

Let me write song I like most, in no particular order:

Hallowed Be Thy Name (especially A real dead one version, beautiful in every way)
The Nomad (probably best interlude section with countless layers of instruments playing different things but whose sum create something out of this planet)
Duellists (again an exceptional instrumental with numerous different killer riffs, harmonies and solos)
Ghost of The Navigator (one of the most experimental IM songs)
Where Eagles Dare (exciting. gives me goosebumps. brilliant drums, ear-piercing guitars... and that interlude which makes you feel like you are gliding in the air in the midst of flak fires and other planes which you hear but can't care about their dances in the skies, as your veins are overflowing with adrenaline... )

Fear of the Dark - because it's great live!

I can't understand why everybody loves Hallowed. Yes it is great song, great lyrics, very epic, but it's simply not a song I would mark as the best. I can't just loop Hallowed all over again till death. I can do it with FOTD. I must be in mood to listen Hallowed.

My Top Ten:

1.Stranger in a Strange land/ Blood Brothers
2.Hallowed Be Thy Name
3.Sign of The Cross
4.Heaven Can Wait
5.Wasted Years
6.Revelation
7.Brave New World
8.The Evil That men Do
9.Still Life
10.Moonchild

It was hard to choose them  :eek: