Best Maiden-related Band

Which is your favourite Maiden-related band?

• Paul Di'Anno -General

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • ASAP (Adrian Smith)

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Psycho Motel (Adrian Smith)

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Bruce Dickinson (Bruce Dickinson, Adrian Smith)

Votes: 57 76.0%
  • BLAZE (Blaze Bayley)

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Other (Please Specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
BLAZE, without any doubt !
It's currently one of my favorite band.

About the others : I can't stand ASAP, I've never heard Psycho Motel, Bruce Dickinson is really average and Killers isn't very good.

Bruce Dickinson's solo albums, especially the last three, beats any post-1988 Maiden material (except for The X Factor), as do Blaze's albums. Truth is at the moment I'm more into Bruce's solo albums than Maiden.

Can't wait for his new album to be released!

I voted for Bruce, but I had to toss a coin...him and Blaze - both superlative.

As for ASAP, I'm listening to it right now. It's definitely not metal, but I like it all the same...

My vote goes to Blaze (the band). As much as some of Bruce's solo material can be great, it is not as consistent as what Blaze releases. Every single Blaze album is simply brilliant!

I know that Blaze's band, B L A Z E, has better songs than Bruce Dickinson (in his solo carrer OF COURSE !), but he's my favorite singer...sorry Blaze !
So I give him my vote !!

Cheers

I voted A.S.A.P, because they only released one album but it was so excellent I thought it deserved top spot.

I voted for Blaze simply because i prefer the songs [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

my vote goes to BLAZE. Bruce's solo stuff is amazing as well, but as Mav said, not every song is amazing as is the case with BLAZE. I haven't heard enough of the other projects to give them a fair review, but what I've heard seemed good, especially Psycho Motel.

Note: I'm not typing BLAZE in caps to promote the band or something like that, but it should be a known fact ( [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] ) that Blaze = The vocalist and BLAZE = the band [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I like Psycho Motel - State of Mind, because it is very special to me... I know the singer. And got the cd from him. That was soo cool. Remindes me of a mix between Metallica and Iron Maiden

A real tough one. It's a close call between Bruce and Blaze. My vote gets for Blaze as he needs it more than Bruce [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Cheers

Wow, dont see many saint posts outside of the news forum [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I just realized the list above is incomplete. After all, Clive Burr played in bands after Maiden too! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Lots of bands are missing from the list, but I can't be bothered to add them and I doubt anyone would vote for them anyway. Here's a list of a few of them:

Lionheart - Dennis Stratton. Formed when Dennis left Maiden and split in 1985 after releasing and album called Hot Tonight.

Lone Wolf - Paul Di'Anno. No recordings available and not much known about it.

Trust - Clive Burr. Clive played as a session drummer on Trust (1982), not to be confused with their debut album from 1979.

Di'Anno - Paul Di'Anno. Released two albums; Di'Anno and Two Swimmers And A Bag Of Jockies (both 1984). Said to sound a bit like Journey, but I wouldn't know really.

Gogmagog - Paul Di'Anno and Clive Burr, also comprising Pete Willis (Def Leppard, guitar), Neill Murray (Whitesnake, bass) and a certain Janick Gers (guitar). Released a demo EP entitled I Will Be There in 1985, but never got any further.

Battlezone - Paul Di'Anno. Two albums: Fighting Back (1986) and Children of Madness (1987). Along with Killers the one Paul fans use to appreciate the most.

Praying Mantis - Dennis Stratton and at times Paul Di'Anno and Clive Burr. Dennis and Paul played on the band's reunion album Live At Last (Japan, 1990), and Dennis carried on afterwards as lead vocalist and guitarist.

Desperados - Clive Burr. Formed by Dee Snider. Recorded an album but it was never released (not certain on this one), and none of the members has any legal rights on the material from what I've heard.

Elixir - Clive Burr. Clive was the drummer on the second album, Lethal Potion.

There's a few one's missing though, mostly NWOBHM all-star albums I'm too tired to list.

[!--QuoteBegin-Shadow+Feb 2 2005, 02:21 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Shadow @ Feb 2 2005, 02:21 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Desperados - Clive Burr. Formed by Dee Snider. Recorded an album but it was never released...
[snapback]97259[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Yes it was. I've seen and heard it. It's OK, but nothing to write home about.

i voted for ASAP
i like bruce very very much
and blaze too
but i cant understand so many people voted him
its not as excellent as bruces or adrians works

Back