Best Maiden encore?

SinisterMinisterX

Illuminatus
Staff member
You've got two options in this one, my friends...

For those who have seen Maiden live multiple times: post the best encore you've personally seen.

For everyone: your dream encore. Be reasonable: 3 songs tops, and they can't all be epics.

My best live: BNW tour. The Number Of The Beast, Hallowed, Sanctuary.
First of all, I think Sanctuary is Maiden's best show-closer (among short songs). And the first two songs are about as good as it gets. Plus I saw this tour at Red Rocks, the most spectacular outdoor venue on Earth...
800px-6601-RedRocksTheater.JPG

Dream encore: The Wicker Man, Wasted Years, Hallowed
Two awesome singalong singles and then the big bad mofo.

Wow. That is truly amazing. I didn't think arenas like that existed. Wow.

And dream encore, uh. I really think Total Eclipse would be cool, along with The Nomad. The third song is where it gets difficult: You said not all can be epics: I really want Hallowed in there but that would make it two long songs. I'll put the fast version of Flight of Icarus there instead.

Red Rock is one of the reasons why I need to go to Denver some day. That, visiting SMX, and checking if they really breed lizard people underneath the airport.

Although I've seen 7 encores, they weren't terribly diverse - five of them were 2 Minutes, The Evil That Men Do and Hallowed, which I thought is a pretty good encore. The other two (Moonchild, Clairvoyant, Hallowed) was also very good, if only for the rare Moonchild sighting.

Anyway, my dream encore would probably be Die With Your Boots On (a great energetic song that will power you up one last time), The Educated Fool (one of my all-time faves, simply a great treat) and Run to the Hills (overplayed perhaps, but still works marvels as a show-stopper). Hallowed would work as a substitute for Run to the Hills, although I'd like to hear it at some other place in the setlist some day.

I must say the encores have been among the highlights on both Maiden shows I've been to (the AMOLAD tour and the SBIT tour). However, the following encore would be great:

Infinite Dreams
Still Life
Hallowed

Two rarely played songs, and I must say Hallowed Be Thy Name works perfect as a last song. If it had been played earlier in the show, replace with another live staple like 2 Minutes to Midnight. I think the last song should be a well-known song that has everyone singing along.

Perun said:
Red Rock is one of the reasons why I need to go to Denver some day. That, visiting SMX, and checking if they really breed lizard people underneath the airport.

Not anymore. They had to use that space to expand airport operations.

They now breed the lizard people under the Denver branch of the US Mint.

How did you overcome the issue with floor cabling and lizard's bad morning habits?

This would be awesome:

Journeyman (beautiful song, great chorus to sing along)
Still Life (rarely played, one of my favorites)
Run to the Hills

Dream encore would be:
The Wicker Man (I always thought it would work better here then as an opener)
Still Life (Rarely played, amazing, best Maiden song)
Prowler (NEVER understood why whenever they play this now its in the first 5 songs, it would be perfect as a closer)

My favorite encore was Hallowed Be Thy Name in 2006.  It felt like the entire show was building up to that incredible moment.

A dream encore would be Drifter which I haven't seen live (I wasn't able to see the 2005 tour)

Back