Best Band Of Metal/Hard Rock

What is the Best Band Of Metal/Hard Rock (without IM)

• Metallica

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Guns N' Roses

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DragonForce

• Ac/Dc

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Guns N' Roses

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • The Fall Of Troy

• Avenged Sevenfold

• Rise Against

• Dagoba

• Children Of Bodom

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Woah, that's one of the worst polls I've ever seen. I call Metallica on the merit of Ride the Lightning alone, toast to AC/DC, relish in old Children of Bodom and leave.

Perun said:
Woah, that's one of the worst polls I've ever seen. I call Metallica on the merit of Ride the Lightning alone, toast to AC/DC, relish in old Children of Bodom and leave.

This

I can't find the following:
Megadeth
Slayer
Jethro Tull
Deep Purple
Pink Floyd
Accept
Black Sabbath
Blue Oyster Cult
Grand Funk Railroad
The Jimi Hendrix Experience
Iron Butterfly
Kiss
Led Zeppelin
Manowar
Motörhead
Montrose
Queen
Quiet Riot
Rush
Thin Lizzy
UFO
Uriah Heep
Van Halen
Dio
Jag Panzer
Helloween
Manilla Road
Exciter
Rainbow
Death
Rhapsody of Fire
Iced Earth
Anthrax
Pantera
Testament
Venom
Sepultura
Kreator
Exodus
Opeth
Dream Theater
Suicidal Tendencies

So, if I missed any, someone tell me.

What a terrible poll.

James, some of those bands you listed aren't hard rock/metal.

I've seen nicer welcomes to a 16 year old kid. A bit more understanding of his purpose would suit you people better.

Things would have been better if the topic title was different, but his intentions are clear.

AfraidToShootABastos simply presents his favourite bands and he likes us to choose our favourite from that selection. Our other own favourite bands have nothing to with it. Nada.

I'll go for Children of Bodom. They did some good things, though I admit their best work was around 10 years ago.

Guns'N'Roses did some good things but that was 20 years ago.
Metallica did some good things but that was 25 years ago.
AC/DC have produced a number of fine rockers but apart from Thunderstruck that was 30 years ago.

Forostar said:
I've seen nicer welcomes to a 16 year old kid. A bit more understanding of his purpose would suit you people better.

AfraidToShootABastos simply presents his favourite bands and he likes us to choose our favourite from that selection. Our other own favourite bands have nothing to with it. Nada.

I'll go for Children of Bodom. Metallica did some good things but that was 25 years ago.
Guns'N'Roses did some good things but that was 20 years ago. AC/DC have produced a number of fine rockers but in total their work bores me to death.

I know you weren't directing at anyone in particular, but my post wasn't meant to be taken as an insult or nasty reaction, just an observation/starwars reference ;D

I think GnR did some good things 3 years ago too tho ;) My World is the only song by GnR I don't really like tbh. So that's why they got my vote. The "25 years ago" brings to mind another topic I considered creating about Quantity vs Quality vs Consistency but I decided against as I think it's simply too 'inconclusive' and impossible to retain it as a theoretical question.

Forostar said:

Things would have been better if the topic title was different, but his intentions are clear.

Okay then.

I choose Metallica.

Crimson Idol said:
The "25 years ago" brings to mind another topic I considered creating about Quantity vs Quality vs Consistency but I decided against as I think it's simply too 'inconclusive' and impossible to retain it as a theoretical question.

Well, it is certainly an interesting subject to talk about.

Forostar said:
Well, it is certainly an interesting subject to talk about.

If I can find some way to write a post that doesn't come across as "I think band xyz sucks cos of this" and can create a solid question I'll post one up. I don't expect there will be anything even CLOSE to a consensus as to what makes a band 'good' (good in terms of career not comparing one to another) though.

Crimson Idol said:
I don't expect there will be anything even CLOSE to a consensus as to what makes a band 'good' (good in terms of career not comparing one to another) though.

That's not problematic.

Crimson Idol said:
If I can find some way to write a post that doesn't come across as "I think band xyz sucks cos of this" and can create a solid question I'll post one up. I don't expect there will be anything even CLOSE to a consensus as to what makes a band 'good' (good in terms of career not comparing one to another) though.

What is more important in defining greatness: a flash of brilliance or sustained goodness? (use it for a topic title if you like :))
I'd say both. That's why Maiden and Rush are great and Guns and Roses are not.

Back