Best Band Ever: nomination thread

Do you want Best Keyboardist Game too?

• Total voters

Night Prowler

Customer Deathcycle Manager
Staff member
In this game, or more precisely, sub-games, we'll try to deduce Maidenfans' favorite band.

There'll be separate games for best/favorite vocalists, guitarists, bassists, drummers and keyboardists.

Vocalists and guitarists games will have 64 to 100 players, the other games probably less, depending on nominations.

I'm not sure whether to include Maiden members in any of these games, since they are likely to win each one... What's your opinion on that?

I haven't figured out a format for the games yet, so if anyone has a suggestion for that, I'm listening! :)

I'd like to start the nominations with the vocalists. I plan on finishing the list for each game before starting the first game.

Everyone can nominate 8 vocalists. I can't guarantee all of them will end up in the final game though.

Rules on that:
  • If you can stick to metal/rock, that'd be nice. I'll accept some exceptions though. Example: Dave Gahan from Depeche Mode. In my eyes they are more of a rock band than anything else even though only a couple of their songs are rock, if that makes sense.
  • I know not everyone here likes female vocals in rock/metal, but I'd appreciate it if the ones that do would include some of them in their lists. Same goes for death/black metal harsh vocalists. If you really can't it's fine though.
  • Also, it'd be cool if you checked other people's lists before posting so that there are no duplicates :) I'm pretty sure everyone will want to choose Halford, Dio, Freddie Mercury etc, but there's no need for 10 people to nominate them.
  • Also, I know everyone likes some obscure vocalist no one on the forum listens to, so just try to make your lists a bit more competitive :)
  • It's probably gonna be a month or two before I start the game; so you don't need to rush + you can just edit your list whenever you want so there's no need for you to post multiple times ;)
Think that's it when it comes to rules, hope I didn't forget anything. Discuss!

Obviously Bruce would win here. Don't include him as we can already assume he is #1

James LaBrie - Dream Theater
Maynard Keenan - Tool
Geoff Tate - Queensryche
Joakim Broden - Sabaton
Layne Stayley - AiC
Kurt Cobain - Nirvana
Geddy Lee - Rush

No to Maiden members.

Mikael Akerdactyl - Opeth
Floor Jansen - Nightwish
anneke van giersbergen
Devin Townsend
Rob Halford
Paul Stanley
Dio
Dave Grohl

Last edited:
I agree there should be no Maiden members included, too much bias.

Russell Allen
John Bush
Matt Barlow
James Hetfield
Roy Khan
Tommy Karevik
Neil Fallon
Ray Alder

Also, obviously DIO and also Mikael Akerfeldt, but Mosh already said them. :) Speaking of, @Mosh - are you nominating all those people as singers? Never thought I'd see John Petrucci get nominated as a vocalist, especially after PlaybackGate.

Oh man sorry, didn't read the rules carefully enough. :oops:

I have edited my post to nominate the correct singer.

Myles Kennedy
Eddie Vedder
Chris Cornell
Urban Breed
Max Cavalera
Skin (Skunk Anansie)

Edit: Jeff Buckley

Also, would we be voting for a singer or a frontman? Because there are instances of quite powerful frontmen who can't really sing... *cough*Cobain*cough*

Last edited:
Ariana beat me to Eddie Vedder. I doubt he will make it very far on this forum, but Pearl Jam is one of my absolute favorite bands.

Among those not said already, I'll add Dave Grohl, Ripper Owens, and Hansi Kürsch to the nominations.

I'm sure I'll think of a few more later.

Tony Martin (Black Sabbath)
Messiah Marcolin (Candlemass)
Greg Graffin (Bad Religion)
Ray Gillen (Black Sabbath and others)
Even though there isn't much Sabbath material with him, he still should be mentioned because the man (RIP) was unbelievably good.
Barry Hay (Golden Earring)
Michael Kiske (Helloween)
Stevie Nicks (Fleetwood Mac)
Jan-Chris de Koeyer (Gorefest)

Last edited:
"Weird Al" Yankovic
Phil Collins
Freddie Mercury
David Byrne
Brian Wilson
Jon Anderson
John Lennon
Ian Gillan

...and here's my suggestions.

Edit: I was told I can only nominate eight.

Eric Adams
David Byron
Roger Daltrey
Johan Hegg
Phil Mogg
Henri Sattler

And although I realise he might be too obscure for this game, I very strongly nominate Markus Becker (Atlantean Kodex).

However, I think we can all agree that if Christopher Bowes doesn't win this game, it's the farce to end all farce.

Because everybody thought everybody else would nominate him.

Tomi Joutsen (Amorphis)
Doogie White (just about everybody's solo project; 90s Rainbow)
Lzzy Hale (Halestorm)
Stu Block (Into Eternity; Iced Earth)
Tarja Turunen (Nightwish)
Sebastian Bach :p (Skid Row)
Ann Wilson (Heart)

Back