Best album opener since the reunion

What is your favorite album opener since Bruce and Adrian returned to the band?

• The Wicker Man

Votes: 30 76.9%
  • Wildest Dreams

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Different World

Votes: 8 20.5%

• Total voters
Righto! Just didn't want to step on any toes, I know how lack toes intolerant the mods can be at times.  ;)

Wicker Man as well

EDIT : great riffs and intro, heavier than the other 2 openers, Bruce's come-back -who needs more ?

All three are great album openers, all co-written by Mr Smith. The Wicker Man just shades it for me for sentimental reasons, be the first time we Bruce and Adrian were back in the fold.

DW is awesome.
It's very Maiden-ish, having a heavy riff and then a kinda happy chorus.

I vote for The Wicker Man, with Different World in second place. As many know on here I hate Wildest Dreams, in my opinion easily the most mediocre thing Maiden ever produced. I suppose The Wicker Man is more of a sentimental vote since I've heard it more than Different World and it is the opener to Brave New World. But that chorus just gets me, and even the "sing along" part that some complain about. Makes for a great live song in a large venue.

Deano said:
So there I was sitting in a tent in Thessaloniki, Greece listening to a Greek radio station that would barely come in.

Ha! I was there when DOD was out! Firstly I went and bought it, and then searching desperately a place to listen to it!!
Finally a bar woman gave me her walkman and I was sitting in the bar with earphones and the volume on top
Thessaloniki will always hold a special place in my heart because of this

Back