Beast over Hammersmith

[a href=\'http://www.maidenfans.com/imc/?url=album12d_archive/commentary12d1_hammersmith&lang=eng&link=albums\' target=\'_blank\']Yes[/a]. [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

In Beast over Hammersmith, Bruce gives a really good vocal performance, but does not have nearly as much stage presence as he would in the future. He sings Hallowed be thy Name and Children of the Damned almost identical to the studio versions. I've only seen the segment of Beast over Hammersmith from The Early Days DVD.

I think that Maiden also got the footage for the Number of the Beast promo video there, I'm not sure though.

[!--QuoteBegin-Mario88+Dec 18 2005, 07:27 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Mario88 @ Dec 18 2005, 07:27 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]He sings Hallowed be thy Name and Children of the Damned almost identical to the studio versions.
[snapback]125434[/snapback]​
[/quote]
To me, that is one of the most interesting aspects of this album. I'm always interested in hearing how a band's live interpretation of their material evolves over time. These early live version of the NotB songs are great from that perspective.

I gave my opinion of this jewel of live albums in the Polls forum.

Back