Any tips on re-mastering audio boots?

A

Anonymous

Trying to re-master an older bootleg (poor quality but historically worth having in the collection)

anyone tried this before?

what software do you use? any tips?

Looking at Maiden Voyage at the moment for Steves Vocals,
and Music Machine 79 for Tony Parsons on guitar

both crucial pieces of Maiden History

You could ripp the songs. to WAV and edit them in something like CoolEdit. Maybe you can fix it with that. Otherwise search for some software which does it.

Is cooledit freeware/shareware or commercial software?
do you have any experience using it? is it easy to use or does it need a bit of practice to perfect?

I think it's shareware. I don't have much experience with it. I just know you can edit audio files with it. Don't know much about it, I'm sorry!

cheers KRS [!--emo&:chug:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/beerchug.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'beerchug.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
downloadin it now

[!--QuoteBegin-bloodbrotheruk+Sep 1 2002, 09:44 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(bloodbrotheruk @ Sep 1 2002, 09:44 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Is cooledit freeware/shareware or commercial software?
do you have any experience using it? is it easy to use or does it need a bit of practice to perfect?[/quote]
I prefer soundprobe 2.

Easy to use but it's a commercial package... though you can get a crack from www.astalavista.box.sk

Back