Any parts of songs that remind you of past songs?

Travis The Dragon

AFTERGLOW!!!
Where The Wild Wind Blows at 6:02 reminds me of Afraid To Shoot Strangers at 2:44
Where The Wild Wind Blows at 0:17 reminds me of the very beginning of Blood On The World's Hands
The part Bruce sings in The Talisman at 4:57 reminds me of Book Of Thel at 2:55
The Talisman at 6:45 reminds me of the very beginning of Lord Of The Flies

Cannon suggested there is alot of VXI in this album. At first, I wasn't buying it....but when I listened to it with Virtual in mind, he was dead right.

I'll just paste what I posted on the Starblind thread:

"I'm absolutely shocked that everyone can't see how similar this is to Infinte Dreams. It's not a criticism to say it borrows heavily from a previous song - ID is one of the best and Starblind is cracking but at 2:21 of Starblind when it goes into "The crucible of pain..." bit is almost identical to the "can't be all co-incidence" bit in Infinite Dreams and as someone else said, the bluesy guitar licks in the background again are pretty similar. For instance listen to the little lead bit in the background at 2:15 of Starlbind and the one at 0:50 (suffocation, waking in a sweat) of Infinte Dreams - pretty much identical again.

As I say, they are damn similar but I love both."

Yeah I've noticed all the ones posted so far.

The Talisman into also uses the same chord progression as part of the intro to 'The Legacy'.

Its not a bad thing. The songs that have similarities are all ones I love, so its like two friends meeting in the middle of a pub. Top drawer.

The Man Who Would Be King reminds me of the x factor. Nothing specifically, just in general.

This isn't a bad thing mind you, I could see Blaze singing it for some strange reason.

Cap Maronis said:
The Man Who Would Be King reminds me of the x factor. Nothing specifically, just in general.

This isn't a bad thing mind you, I could see Blaze singing it for some strange reason.

It does me too.  The competency on vocals snaps me out of it though.

Private Benjamin Breeg said:
It does me too.  The competency on vocals snaps me out of it though.

Hey now, it's true that poor Blaze is no Bruce, and never will be. That said, he's no punching bag either! The man did some good stuff with a very different, deeper, rich voice.

I'm not a fan of his range and dynamic I'm afraid.  Not meant to offend.  But like not enjoying a particular song or album, he was one member I didn't much like.  
Moonchild33 said:
If people just gave his solo stuff a chance, we wouldn't even have this problem.

What problem is that?  His solo stuff really has nothing to do with Maiden, so honestly it's pretty irrelevant...one to the other.  He could be one of the Three Tenors, but on X Factor and Virtual XI I found him underwhelming.  It's not an insult...I'm just not impressed with his work on those albums...

Well, I meant that people would stop calling him a really terrible singer (you didn't say that, but that's where the conversation kinda led).

I'd pay REALLY good money to see that. Unfortunately, he's reunited with Wolfsbane to make a new album (I'm thinking and hoping this is a one time thing).

Back