King Diamond & Mercyful Fate

It's about time! And give more falsetto on the next album please! :)

I really liked his vocal approach on the last two albums, but I can't deny I missed the falsetto. Funny to say this when I remember I couldn't stand his vocals when I first started listening to him...

The only albums I've heard from KD are "The Eye" and "Abigail". I need to listen to more from him and Mercyful Fate. I've been putting him off for a long time now lol.

King Diamond's awesome! I saw him last year at the Rockstar Mayhem Festival and he put on an awesome show! I was in the pit and as I mentioned on the forum before, that was two days after being in the hospital with a kidney stone!

Great trailer :eek: and of course released on the day of Halloween :devil2:

The shows are from 2015/16, he was in very good shape around that time, and did a lot of touring dates where he performed the entire Abigail album. There's some good recordings on YouTube from Detroit and London for example.

King Diamond is possibly the only metal singer that could topple Bruce (though Halford comes close too). His falsettos are hard to master, let alone keep up with year after year after year. The way he does it live too - amazing. I saw a recording of Abigail in its entirety on stage and goddamn he sounds really close to the original album.

King Diamond sounds better than Bruce nowadays, in comparison to their younger, 80's selves. But KD had a 6 year break and toured much less overall.

King Diamond premiered a new song at this years Hellfest in France. Not the best quality so far...perhaps a better recording will show up soon.

But at least they're confident and positive enough to air it already. Bring on the new album!

Oh hell yeah! That reminds me, I've never ventured behind Dont Break the Oath and The Eye yet. I should do that before the new album drops.

Oh hell yeah! That reminds me, I've never ventured behind Dont Break the Oath and The Eye yet. I should do that before the new album drops.

Wut? You can easily/safely continue both discographies. A lot of fine albums await. All of the King /Mercyful Fate albums of the 90's are of high quality.

I gave In the Shadows a rather distracted listen yesterday and liked a lot of the stuff off there. I've been meaning to get to those albums for awhile. I think I'm gonna put more urgency into finishing MF's discography then I'll get around to knocking KD's stuff out.

Another thing to note, I'd watch this channel to see if pro shot footage of KD's set at Hellfest will appear. They already have a handful of performances up.

It's possible that Arte Concert covered the concert in streaming but they don't upload it. I've seen the Anthrax one after the streaming but they erased the link later. The Testament link is still available, I think I will download it.

Back