King Diamond & Mercyful Fate

Exactly! You explained it better than I could. I love listen to him and reading the lyrics, it's part of what helped me to understand his vocal style. And I love horror stories, so... horror + metal = perfect combination.

A Few years ago Kevin Smith said he was going to make a film adaptation of "Them"/Conspiracy, a terrible Idea but it makes me wonder why King has never been asked to write a film because all his albums have great stories even Graveyard & Voodoo which i personally don't like musically i can't deny how good the story's are

A Few years ago Kevin Smith said he was going to make a film adaptation of "Them"/Conspiracy, a terrible Idea but it makes me wonder why King has never been asked to write a film because all his albums have great stories even Graveyard & Voodoo which i personally don't like musically i can't deny how good the story's are

Yeah, He said he has been approached many times by people who wanted to present scripts and ideas to him, but it seems he hasn't found someone serious enough to make it happen. And by this interview from 2013, I don't think he would write a script himself:

HS: A lot of your material would be perfect as a horror film. Have you ever wanted to write a screenplay using your material?

KD: That’s the thing you know. It’s very hard to find time to sit down and write for me. But I would have an easier time collaborating with someone if that was the case. There’s been people who came to us, there was one in England recently, that came and said they had a script here and this and that. Well, King can’t read it because we don’t do anything until we have a business plan from you. We need to have something and then you need to sign a nondisclosure agreement because there’s always these traps, that’s why we have lawyers to prevent these traps where someone says “Now I showed them a script, so anything that’s going to come from now on, I can claim as based on mine.” It’s like no, no, I’ve never seen a script in my life so far. I would only read one if there have been all these contracts set up the correct way, and then I would of course, sit and figure it out. So there is always that stuff, the legal part. If someone comes from a real company and spells it out legally, then you could start collaborating. I could definitely collaborate on a lot of things, you take out a couple of days or a week or weekend or whatever and you talk the stories through in detail, what could be, what could not be. All my other ideas that I have about these stories that you can’t get on an album, it’s not like a book or anything like that. It’s just all the main points. I could collaborate with people easy if that was ever the case. You still hope for someday that it would come true because it would be very interesting I think.

I cannot sleep at niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
That's what the day is for anyyyyyway

And as the clock strikes midnight
I hear them dancing at the graves
Singing to my mind, killing the pain!!!!
Sleeeeeeeeeeepless nights, sleepless nightsssss

I cannot sleep at niiiiiiiiiiiight
That's what the day is for aaaaanywayyyy

Andy LaRocque and Pete laying down some amazing solos!!!!

Holy shit, this is amazing!!

I lost count of how many times I watched this show. It was the last time King came to Brazil... I was only 3 years old. :(

First half of the show was Mercyful Fate and the second was King Diamond. When I watch this, I always ask myself how come they put King to do a show in full daylight, at 2PM, the hottest hour of the day? Poor guy, make up melting like an ice cream...

There's one problem with this video you posted. The audio is actually from the Deadly Lullabyes album. Here's the original audio and the full show is on youtube...

Huge eighties' Mercyful Fate fan . They were absolutely brilliant from their first EP until they broke off . When they reunited they just weren't the same band , IMO . I used to love solo King Diamond when i was a kid (and i was blown off watching him live in 1990, still have the t-shirt ), now i can't stand him to be honest . I only listen to him in the early MF stuff where he was more restrained .

Andy's best solos are on Voodoo. Try LOA Hous or Salem. Try Magic off Puppetmaster. I wish Adrian, Dave and Janick were given the licence to play solos more than 20 seconds in length.

Never forget King Diamond's Voodoo, House of Hell and Abigail 2. The band's best sounds happened when we were being trounced by grunge.
Agreed! Also "The Eye"... an amazing and sadly very overlooked album. People just think of Abigail, Them, or Conspiracy, when talking about King Diamond.

Agreed! Also "The Eye"... an amazing and sadly very overlooked album. People just think of Abigail, Them, or Conspiracy, when talking about King Diamond.
Because these are his best albums , esp. Abigail . Abigail 2 , on the other hand, is complete horseshit as are albums like "House of God" , "The Puppet master" e.t.c ...

Also Fatal Portrait, The Spider's Lullabye and The Puppet Master

Let's Just Face It King Diamond don't have a bad album. 12 albums of of pure awesomeness

Agree, agree...

Was this mentioned before?

"
King Diamond will be recording a feature length live concert video for blu-ray / DVD / digital release while on tour this fall! Director Denise Korycki (Cannibal Corpse, Killswitch Engage) has been enlisted to direct the project, which will include footage from multiple shows throughout the entire “Abigail in concert 2015” tour.

In other news, a brand new King Diamond interview is online. Head to Billboard.com HERE now to read the interview, which includes some less known facts about the recording process of the Abigail album!"

So finally, a proper concert DVD (His first?) for the fans so that we don't need to watch bad quality YouTube videos :)

Was this mentioned before?
"
King Diamond will be recording a feature length live concert video for blu-ray / DVD / digital release while on tour this fall! Director Denise Korycki (Cannibal Corpse, Killswitch Engage) has been enlisted to direct the project, which will include footage from multiple shows throughout the entire “Abigail in concert 2015” tour.

So finally, a proper concert DVD (His first?) for the fans so that we don't need to watch bad quality YouTube videos :)
I mentioned at the previous page. Yes, it's his first! Finally! It's a damn shame we don't have a dvd of any of the tours from the 80's.

I mentioned at the previous page. Yes, it's his first! Finally! It's a damn shame we don't have a dvd of any of the tours from the 80's.

Oops, my mistake! Very, I wonder why it took him so long to make one. Especially in the 80s and 90s when music videos and concert shows on home video etc were all the rage!

Anyways, I'm glad we're getting one now. It doesn't matter much to me that's it's from various concerts - the idea is to portray the Abigail story on stage, like a theater play. Recording from different cities will allow them to put the best pieces together to portray the story as best as possible.

Back